SAU Community

Want Some Solid Hks 2535 Results

So the GTRS is the GT2535?... Is this the most popular street turbo for the rb25det, How much is it?

I have a:

Apexi power FC

E-boost

Apexi turbo timer

3" exhaust from turbo back

Front mount intercooler with custom piping

Custom cold air intake

Custom intake plenum

80mm throttle body

post-28112-1179133304_thumb.jpg

Im getting injectors the same time as the turbo as they are maxed out now.

Will i need the Z32 afm or will it be ok?

Would it be wise to get an aftermarket exhaust manifold? if so top mount or low mount?

Will the set up i have reach around the 250kw atw.

Yes you'll need the Z32 afm. It'll be maxed out once u hit above 200rwkw for your car.

Not a must to get an aftermarket exhaust manifold.

Top mount turbos are defectable, so go figure :P

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes you'll need the Z32 afm. It'll be maxed out once u hit above 200rwkw for your car.

Not a must to get an aftermarket exhaust manifold.

Top mount turbos are defectable, so go figure :P

So you're giving tech advice now? Hahaha...

330hp is nice, hows your response from stock? Are you as happy as me?

Happy as a pig in shit !

The Hitman (Matt) was very pleased with it's behaviour. He reckons it was spooling like a new turbo and he's seen a few i'm sure.

Response compared to stock turbo is a tad lagier but very close.

But then again it's got another 10psi to spool before hitting the max :D

Nice smooth delivery of power and lots of it.

Anymore power and i'm into a telegraph pole for sure.

So many huge figures are flying around at the moment but for a daily driven R33, i wouldn't want anymore lag...or power.

Absolutely love it

how would the hks 2535 compare to slides hiflow? (without the vg 30 rear).

cause im about to retune my car with the slide hiflow

No idea, get it tuned and throw up some results.

I'm predicting over 250 for you with slightly more lag.

(just guessing mind you)

Birnie - been interested in how yours is going with the new clutch. So its all you'd want - thats what Im hoping for.

Im using a GCG with VG30 rear housing so hoping for similar result.

The lag isnt too bad?

Does it spin all the way through 2nd? I might have to get bigger tyres than 205s hahaha

lol @ guy who said gtrs with these turbos dont make 300rwkw lolol

dude.. with a pair of smaller hks 2530's u can crack the 330awkw mark.. these babies will more than flow enough for 350awkw.. stock gtr turbos r good enough for around 230-260awkw

as for a rb25.. i personally think the turbo is too small as a single unit... its only 100cc smaller than an rb26 and theres no way in the world id run 1 gt2535 on my car.. it'd choke to death.. response would be awesome.. but id be so down on power... a GT30 runs perfect on a 2lt sr20.. and i can only imagine how much a better match it would be for an RB25

ive got plenty experiance with turbos and engines and id definately be gettin a GT30 for an RB25... with a .86 rear end :D

Birnie - been interested in how yours is going with the new clutch. So its all you'd want - thats what Im hoping for.

Im using a GCG with VG30 rear housing so hoping for similar result.

The lag isnt too bad?

Does it spin all the way through 2nd? I might have to get bigger tyres than 205s hahaha

The new clutch is a button/cushion job. Only about 1 month old. I'm SURE it;s slipping in 4th and it's starting to annnoy me

Are there any adjustments you can make to clutches to make em bite harder without removing them?

How can it be slipping already ! And i haven't been treating it bad. The old commuting with a WOT every now and then.

But i was suspicious of slipping the day after it was fitted.

The lag is nothing really.

I'm not on the North Shore for work anymore.

Send me a PM if you want to meet up somewhere (seeing you have been keeping up with my progress :worship: )

Spins in 2nd but not too bad...i have 255's on the back though so that probably helps but the power deliver is nice and smooth, it's not a freegan bang! It's a woooooooaaaahhhhhh !!! hehe

205's !! :thumbsup:

Finally, some really good results for the 2535. Now I'm going to have to decide between the GTRS and the 2535.

Are the S15 injectors a direct fit??

Just remember you can only get the 2535 2nd hand so that does carry it's risks.

But, there is no doubt the GT-RS is the far superior turbo in every way, just more expensive.

S15's are a DEFINATE direct fit.

Put them in myself and it was easy as....

great work birnie!!

Thanks Moonus,

The Hitman mentioned you i think?

definately moon-something.

Did you used to have this turbo?

hey Birnie, yeh i take my car down to hitman once in a while to have a look over, but no ive been running standard turbo. Ive got an ITS turbo now that im consdering putting in, but the costs are gonna drive me up the wall. Did hitman give u a full tune or a touch up tune?

Yeah, prolly right. oops :thumbsup:

Ha, just noticed your squirrel balls ! Damn!

Times like those when a 30cm ruler would come in handy, flickk!!!.....

Never seen a cross eyed squirrel before but that would do it i reckon.

Hey Birnie. Sounds crap about the clutch. You can adjust them down on the clutch pedal. There is a clevis there where it attaches to the pedal (from master cylinder). You can undo the nut and thread the rod in or out. This is more for pedal position though. I only think this would make a difference if your clutch engages very high up the pedal.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

hey birnie, just a cuppla questions mate.

did u need a reg as well?

were u running standard coils?

what gap were u running?

didn;t need need a regulator as i had replacement injectors (s15's)

Gap was copper 0.8mm and i tapped em a bit closer to about 0.75 which were new the day b4 the tune.

Running standard coils but in top condition, hitman says looks like new.

Anyway, had the coil failure symptoms, we ripped the plugs out, down to 0.65 (SyndeyKid has recommended the same settings as a cheap fix)....no more popping ! Couldn't believe it ! :thumbsup:

Hey Birnie. Sounds crap about the clutch. You can adjust them down on the clutch pedal. There is a clevis there where it attaches to the pedal (from master cylinder). You can undo the nut and thread the rod in or out. This is more for pedal position though. I only think this would make a difference if your clutch engages very high up the pedal.

Yeah sucks but i'm sure it was slipping a bit the day i had it done.

Could they have made a bad adjustment somewhere on the install.

Supposed to be a Exedy cushion/button capable of 260rwkws. bought thru Slide.

Although nowhere on the box does it mention Exedy or on the unit itself....is that normal?

They don't need to be worn in do they to grip properly?

Works great thru 1/2/3rd gears, only really notice it in 4th and it's just a bit around the 4000's revs

Supposed to be a Exedy cushion/button capable of 260rwkws. bought thru Slide.

Although nowhere on the box does it mention Exedy or on the unit itself....is that normal?

If I am not mistaken, SLIDE's clutch packages include an EXEDY clutch plate but the pressure plate is something else, hence the cheap price?

I bought an EXEDY clutch directly from EXEDY yesterday, HDB and it’s got an EXEDY pressure plate, which is pink with an EXEDY logo in black. I am fairly sure the clutch also has EXEDY engraving on it.