SAU Community

Sport Compact Drag Racing (compak Attak) - Wsid

ECR033

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if the driver of BLODIS is ok? Was a really huge stack... Myself and most others in the crowd got to our feet in shock when it happened...

Otherwise was a good even IMO, some very good racing and some damn impressive times.

Signorelli is incredibly quick in the camry, surprised he didnt go further...

Congrats on the win Adrian

taking the hub caps off really helped

9's for both 1JZ747 and NFS13B top stuff

Did not hang around to watch the Eliminations the Tow truck showed up just after the Mick motorsports Lancer went into the wall in the deep end

Was going to pull out the tail shaft yesterday to have a look at the damage but said stuff it. it can wait till next weekend

was a good day though very much enjoyed the set out of the event got to race and then also got the time to enjoy watching some of the racing whilst waiting for eliminations to come around

Definitely would like more events to be as good as that was.

Edited by spx25t

HI all

on the weekend at the sport compact meeting the cressida had a top day.

10.009 at 146 mph smoking the tyres in 2nd and 3rd

10.15 at 147 mph smoking second and third

10.27 at 146 again smoking the tires even after taking 1 psi out of the tune

took an additional 3 psi out of the tune back to 24 psi

it worked with us running a pb of 9.915 et at 149.9 mph even with a lacklustre 1.777 sixty foot after the car had 1.5'd earlier in the day.

we broke the sprag for second gear on that pass and ran all eliminators as a 2 speed only having 1st and 3rd gear. the car still ran low tens 10.27 at 147 with no second gear.

we won the S/RWD class and reset our own national record to 9.915 at 149.9 mph.

massive thankyou to justin gregory from BLACKTRACK performance dyno centre (formerly rx engineering), MV automatics, Premier exhaust, PRO COAT and our newest sponsor RAMPANT performance parts.

we are looking forward to jamboree, we will have our front runners and glass bonnett by then which will drop the wieght of the car fom 3400 pounds to min wieght of 3100 pounds, the front half of the cage will be going in aswell.

we know there is a 9.3 in the car as it sits so hopefully with a sticky willowbank track we will see it happen.

cheers

shane

Hey champ dirtgarage what have I done or not done? I assume you think I planned this clash of days or just striing the pot and having fun I assume?? I mainly circuit race and if I was aware this event was on naturally I would have suggested it be on another weekend. At the time of changing the date and discussion following and for quite a few days if not more the thread on SAU was up for input, and funny thing was no one said, hey big drag day on, until you did which was too late.

Anyway did you run your car and did Theo run his and how did you go? I do plan on getting back to the drags soon with the Slot Car.

I think Paul was just taking the piss even if it seemed a bit full on, John. Can't wait to see the 'slot car' back at WSID sooner rather than later. Surely you can't STILL be the quickest and fastest Zed boat around? If so, give em another half a second to think about!!

As for your last question, Paul didn't race as the car is still on the dyno waiting for fitment of some new injectors (I told him 770's wouldn't do the job) and as for his mate...well....

post-695-1179725291_thumb.jpg

I think Paul was just taking the piss even if it seemed a bit full on, John. Can't wait to see the 'slot car' back at WSID sooner rather than later. Surely you can't STILL be the quickest and fastest Zed boat around? If so, give em another half a second to think about!!

As for your last question, Paul didn't race as the car is still on the dyno waiting for fitment of some new injectors (I told him 770's wouldn't do the job) and as for his mate...well....

Yep I know all cool. 770's what power is it making? I amek 456rwkw with 770's but zeds don't need as much fuel to make same power. We make just over 400rwkw with 550cc injectors in the boats. This is maxing things out though and any more power needs 700's. Did you run 2rismo?? What about Theo? Go jacks can only mean locked front diff from something terminal I suspect? With teh numbers he is running and pushing that car it is no wonder as BIG power and times. I should clall him up and see. I spoke to him on the Friday and luv getting the rev up from Theo.

Edited by Boosted Zed

I did say that Drag combat was on page 3 of the DD

I was not following this thread enough obvisouly as I missed this. So many pages and so many posts. Next time put in flashing lights and email is more direct. If Abo bob or Ior BEEEEEER BARON was awareat the timeofchanging. Anyway those who wanted to made both and all good.

Yep I know all cool. 770's what power is it making? I amek 456rwkw with 770's but zeds don't need as much fuel to make same power. We make just over 400rwkw with 550cc injectors in the boats. This is maxing things out though and any more power needs 700's. Did you run 2rismo?? What about Theo? Go jacks can only mean locked front diff from something terminal I suspect? With teh numbers he is running and pushing that car it is no wonder as BIG power and times. I should clall him up and see. I spoke to him on the Friday and luv getting the rev up from Theo.

Paul will set us both straight but I think he was making about 430kw @ all four when they maxxed out (or at least got to the point where Jim wasn't happy with them). I raced on Saturday and won the class. Didn't you see the photo I posted on the previous page?

Paul will set us both straight but I think he was making about 430kw @ all four when they maxxed out (or at least got to the point where Jim wasn't happy with them). I raced on Saturday and won the class. Didn't you see the photo I posted on the previous page?

Torque is what eats up the fuel...so a peaky torque engine will use less injector duty than a broad torque engine for the equivalent peak power level. Our old engine comfortably made 440-450 kw on the 720cc injectors due to the narrow band of peak torque it produced. Our new engine on the other hand has a big flat fat torque curve that is using up all the injector duty. Hope this helps in explaining how we previously had more power but less torque and lower injector duty and now we have lower power but increased torque and increased injector duty. Time for the 1000cc jobbies.

• 2 weeks later...