SAU Community

Sport Compact Drag Racing (compak Attak) - Wsid

ECR033

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We love it when you go deep then pop the chute Shane.

Match race me on Saturday Shane!! Bring it! I'm not in a race bred nugget either.

Four Doors and Grandpa Snores all the way.

The fact that one of the sponsors on here was stupid enough to run a dyno day on the same day as this event does not help either.
its great to see some skylines on the entrant list guys.

its a shame someone organised a dyno day for the same day, not very well thought out that one.

should be an awesome day

shane

Cheers guys.

147 entries atm. Is that enough or do you need us to cancel our dyno day?

For your information I originally slated the dyno day on a different weekend so as to not clash with Compak Attack but much later and due to pressure from club members who were to be at another event I changed it, forgetting that Compak Attack was on.

So it's my fault.

Also, since I'm here already, people come to dyno days because they are cheap. We get very few high powered cars. I easily won my class last time with 256rwkw.

And another thing, I don't race for spectators or sponsors. I race for fun. I may not be the only one. If the cost per run doesn't add up then my interest wanes. This is why I like private hires, because, as long as I don't break stuff, I will get lots of runs.

I think it was mentioned earlier that you get at least 3 runs in qualifying and one elimination, more if you can race. Well guess what, I can't race. I've had 9 runs in a manual car. I will lose the first chance I get.

I'll stop before I go right off topic but suffice to say that I greatly dislike comments like "stupid" that are directed at me even if you didn't realise they were directed at me.

Cool your heels Abo...it was directed at Penlington not you or Richard...neither of you are a sponsor on here...he is.

I wanted as many cars to both events as we could get...running them on the same day was poor management...if its otherwise please tell me so.

story is hopefully clear now.

Cool your heels Abo...it was directed at Penlington not you or Richard...neither of you are a sponsor on here...he is.

I wanted as many cars to both events as we could get...running them on the same day was poor management...if its otherwise please tell me so.

story is hopefully clear now.

No, it was poor management on my part. Not John's fault either. :laugh:

Hey Adam, you should know by now the drag arena is for dcik swinging, gun toting w@nkers. Where political correctness or manners are forgotten in the pursuit of the almighty ego.

p.s. Hope to be back in the drag ranks soon!

True, true.

Regarding the NZ method; don't you think there is a big difference between say, a 12.9 and a 12.0? I mean barring stuffups, the faster car will always win.

I guess people will then build a car not just to go fast but not to go too fast do you think? Like if I'm running high 12's and then make some improvements to get down close to 12.0 I wont bother trying to get 11.9 in competition because I'll be too far away from the guys running 11.0.

If you were running an 11.9 I'd say it would be easier dropping boost back a notch or two so you can run in the 12.00 range. Cars running flat out don't seem to be consistant at all, notice how some people qualify a second faster than their dial in?

Other than sandbagging it to run DYO or a x.00 time, only other thing to do is man up and go alot faster... so you can sandbag that bit harder!

If you were running an 11.9 I'd say it would be easier dropping boost back a notch or two so you can run in the 12.00 range. Cars running flat out don't seem to be consistant at all, notice how some people qualify a second faster than their dial in?

Other than sandbagging it to run DYO or a x.00 time, only other thing to do is man up and go alot faster... so you can sandbag that bit harder!

Ah ok. I guess I was just looking at Adrians consistency like it was normal.

It was only right towards the end of last season that the consistency came. Before that I almost always backed off to 12.0 for consistency.

Well done to 1JZ-747 with it finally seeing a 9

Top stuff "elvis" all of the Windale-Gateshead bowling club were cheering you on!

winning the event and resetting the national record and winning the championship

well done to 2rismo and Taryn for winning SFWD

Had a great day yesterday :)

Managed a best of 12.05@117 in qualifying for SRWD, then in my first ever elimination race, managed to pull off a win which was a bit of a buzz. I actually backed off towards the end and just shaded the racer next to me over the line running a 12.10@109 on a 12.05 dial in with a 0.04 R/T (also my best 60' of day - 1.71), so there may have been an 11 there...who knows. Ended up stuffing the start on the next round though and lost out, but it was fun!

well done to 2rismo and Taryn for winning SFWD

Awesome work mate, well done!

Thanks again for the help yesterday, it was much appreciated. Shame I couldn't covert some of your advice consistently on the track, but I'll get there eventually with some more practice :)

Cheers,

Brenden.

Well done to 1JZ-747 with it finally seeing a 9

Nice one, well done!

If my eyes weren't deceiving me, I think I also saw the MX-5 (nfs13b?) run a 9 during the grudge runs later in the night. I can't remember the exact time or mph (I was staging up for a run behind you), but if so, well done also!

Lee ran a 9.88 @ 134 with a 1.43 60 footer on radials!! Awesome stuff from a nugget with a broken gearbox (supposedly). Grydge runs saw 1st and 2nd gear come back and the car took off like a bullet. Awesome stuff! :)

I loved caning the GTi's and Pulsars but they were all top blokes and great sports.

Well done to the bowling club special on the 9, the win and the championship!!

This was the most relaxed days drag racing i think i've ever had.

Nice one, well done!

If my eyes weren't deceiving me, I think I also saw the MX-5 (nfs13b?) run a 9 during the grudge runs later in the night. I can't remember the exact time or mph (I was staging up for a run behind you), but if so, well done also!

Yes, well done to NFS13B, running a 9.8@134.

Well done to Shane on his 9 sec grandpa-spec pass :)

How did the GTR's go?

It was also unfortunate to hear that BLODIS RX3 had a major crash, as well as Micks Motorsport's car.

Adrian, SFWD win?? hahaha

Edited by NXTIME