SAU Community

Bunbury Circuit?

Whiplash

Came across this website today.

http://www.bunburyic.com.au/

the circuit section says the track is going to be starting in late 05 - funny enough nothing has happened there. The FIA GT has now been added to the tracks list of categories that will be running. This is the first thing i have heard about the track and am trying to figure out why Stephan Ratel would be sigining his GT's up to a track that doesn't exist yet? Also the Super GT's are listed as a category coming to the track.

Is this still track still being built or is the website being update to "keep the dream alive?"

sorry if this is old news

There is thread on the subject in the WA section. The short answer to your questions are as follows (to the best of my knowledge):

The circuit promoters have actually bought the land.

They are supposedly developing a business park to generate the cashflow/capital to build the circuit.

The periodic announcements that a race will be held this year (there have been atleast three such announcements) are complete rubbish.

Work on the circuit has not progressed in any meaningful way.

The website will be updated very infrequently (the haven't even fixed the spelling mistake on the front page FFS)

Any linkage between the circuit & the race series listed is, overwhelmingly, in the minds of the promoters. CAMS recently tipped an absolute bucket on them for telling people formula Nippon was happening this year. Not without CAMS/FIA approval, boys.

Most people in Bunbury have developed a healthy degree of cynicism regarding the circuit.

In short, there is a small chance it may get up, but don't hold your breath.

Allegedly, apparently, in my opinion......

• 2 months later...
for a small fee and an expense account and a can of poison I'll come and sort this donkey orchid problem once and for all.

You don't think that the department of whatever are dumb enough to tell people exactly where they are do you?

Nice website update too.

www.bunburyic.com.au

I am pretty confident that there is more to the story than the PIMM utterings.

well they know that if they tell PIMM where they are PIMM might want to engage the services of an environmetalist such as my good self to ensure that these donkey orchids are (to use a New York mafia expression) "taken care of".....

shame it's not going anywhere, it certainly sounds like an ambitious project.

oh, and my thoughts are circuit racing in this country is near dead. I was sitting back watching some races of the 1990 ATCC the other night. and saw the Oran park round (last round 1990, won by richards in a GTR :) ). and my god, the place was packed to the rafters! and this was in 1990. These days at a 8 meet there wouldn't even be that many there.