SAU Community

Rb20det With T88 Yep Sure,,,,,niztune Ebay Remaps....

I have recently been looking at getting my new line remapped as i had some really good results from my last remap in my previous car.

I camer across this on ebay and the add looked good so i thought i would ask a few Q's that were a bit stupid to sus him out

Question number 1.

Hi Niztune I have an RB20det with a new T88 turbo and stocker injectorz and a big intacooler how much killowatts will i make with your tune and how much better response will i get with yout tune ovr tha stock map

HERE is his reply:

Response from niztune

-------------------------------------------------------

niztune (0)

Positive feedback: 0%

Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: R32 Skyline ECU Stage 2 Remap - Niztune Upgrade (250110096439)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

niztune is the seller.

well this tune was made with an rb25 turbo so it does have more response

then the stock tune but an rb25 isnt as big as a t88 so the question is

how much more response do u need, although it will slightly improve ur

response. this tune made 195rwkw with rb25 turbo. cheers

WOW sounds good yeah.... a t88 is bigger than an rb25 turbo this guy really knows his stuff... it gets better. then I asked this

Question number 2

so will i get a better launch an boost quicker with the T88. i dont want to spend my $50 with no results

HERE is his reply:

Response from niztune

niztune (0)

Positive feedback: 0%

Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: R32 Skyline ECU Stage 2 Remap - Niztune Upgrade (250110096439)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

niztune is the seller.

well with a stock engine with intercooler exhaust and rb25 turbo it puts

out 195rwkw as aposed to 160 wid stock ecu so i say about an extra

20rwkw at the least 40rwkw at the max. all depends on ur motor and how

u'v worked her. cheers

HOLLY HELL!...!

be so careful who you are buying from over the net, this has got to be the most dangerous thing i have ever seen for sale for a motor. guaranteed to stuff your engine. and i hope the dick wizes up before he kills a fourm members engine. making a fast buck from someone elses stupidity is not on.

I just wanted to make others aware.

there is a company called NISTUNE that sells some nissan software so it looks like he is trying to steel their thunder. he has also copied his add from another ebay seller word for word. can't blame him fro trying 2 make a fast buck.

pass this round we don't need dodgy bastards like this

Edited by secondhandninja

yup seems like a ripoff of nistune

however, if you're able to test it on a dyno with a wideband, maybe there is some benefits from getting an eprom chip burnt? but i would only trust an experienced tuner with many years of rb experience to do it,,, like toshi maybe? he sends out two and tells u to dyno your car, and custom does it for your car

that guy on ebay has feedback now.

you should contact the other sellers (1 said it will blow up your engine) and ask them if they dyno'd their cars and what power increase / fuel economy it improved. or disproved

Dude a tuned computer can make 195rwkw on a rb25det with the right mods.im not sure but an rb20det?the figure sounds a little to high on a rb20det

The only other dodgey thing about this is that he has a big fat(0) trader rating.

Dude a tuned computer can make 195rwkw on a rb25det with the right mods.im not sure but an rb20det?the figure sounds a little to high on a rb20det

The only other dodgey thing about this is that he has a big fat(0) trader rating.

The RB20det with an rb25 turbo hanging off the side and mapped ecu/pfc makes around 190rwkwish but requires a little more boost than the rb25. ~14psi for 190-195rwkw with the rb20det. :nyaanyaa:

Obviously doesn't have as much mid range.. Better off with a gt2510 or gt2530 that you can push 18psi or so in to it to push that mid range up.

I much prefer to spend my $$$$ on the Nismo watches for $0.01, thats right, one loosey cent. The catch is it costs $28.00 postage to get it from China/Hong Kong..............ya gotta luv that.

• 1 month later...

Ok im going to say it again!

f**k these Ebay tunes, they are just slight tweaks of the ecu which will all give the car more power....

Honestly the person to see about retunes is CEF11E a big poster on this forums.... ive had 2 chips tuned from him so far, all with perfect AFR's and massive power (currently putting out just above 230rwkw ish with highflow, injectors, z32, and the rest)

He knows his RB20s, he can make a tune SPECIALLY for YOUR CAR and YOUR MODS, reliable, great guy to deal with, and it costs the same $50 (last time i checked)

So up to you, Random EBAY TUNE, with changes that anyone can make...

OR

CEF11E tune, trusted SAU member, tuned many RB20s, much more specific and better.....

i know where id be spending my money thats for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

So go on, PM CEF11E, tell him HAYSEY sent you, tell him your mods, send him some money, and have a custom tune made up for YOUR CAR!

These Rip off merchants on ebay are really starting to bug me, just to make a quick buck they are risking engines!

People totally underrate remaps, im hoping to get 450RWKW out of my rb30det with one(already made 340rwkw with old motor) A remap can handle different turbos, bigger injectors, modded AFM's or even map sensors. I believe a perfect remap is better than a PFC, as it has many features that can be tuned which cant be on a pfc ie, 16 rpm points for dwell time, injection end angle, two ignition maps, adjustable target AFR for closed loop in each load cell, two(or on some ecu's three)fuel maps. There are a few other bits, but i cant remember now.

I think the point everyone is trying to make is that installing a generic tune made by some random off the internet that knows nothing about your car is a dangerous proposition.

I agree, but due to the style of programming of the stock ecu, to get the AFR's perfect is easy, it doesn't matter what turbo you are running, as long as you dont go past the limits af the AFM and the fuel pump can keep up. To get the timing so far off to damage a motor, you would have to be reckless. I would say that he errs on the side of caution, and pulls a few degrees out, and you still make a great improvement over stock. From what his ad says, i actually does sound like he has more than half a clue.

Hi all,

This seems to pop up a lot lately and there are some very good points here, and yes the stock ECU is an equal to an aftermarket computer if tuned correctly.

For a bit of background, my tunes are not guess tunes nor do i sell them on ebay currently. I found the lack of knowledge from the purchasers to be a dangerous thing. people would buy a tune and then do silly things like upgrade AFM's or put massive ancient turbos on and hope for the best.

I am not a wizard and can not guess a perfect tune. all the ones i have done are either done on the dyno with map tracing and wideband and take 2 hours+ to do or are based on a previous tune with the same modifications.

for example haysie's car has the same turbo, afm, injectors same size fmic and exhaust as my car. that is why he has had such a good result. his tune was based on mine that took close to 4 hours on the dyno to get perfect.

The current seller on ebay decided to buy one of my tunes, copy it and the add that i had wrote word for word. I have decided to take no action and let it run it's course. i have no idea if he knows what he is talking about and don't really care, if he is out to make a fast buck great! the old saying goes "let the buyer beware" and it has a lot of merit when put to this.

I am in the process of developing a completely new system for Nissan ECU's that provides a whole swag of features and will be offering it to the SAU community as soon as it is ready. hopefully the whole package will cost less then $250 and provide a remap, a launch control antilag setup and a lockable valet mode if you have to leave your car with anyone. so far it has taken a year to get to a stage that I am happy with it and has cost me 200+ hours, a grand or so and a wife that thinks i like ECU's more than her :bunny: so I will be charging a bit to cover all my time and effort but like i have said before it is not my job and I am not a professional tuner.

sorry fro the rant :wub:

Cheers!

• 1 year later...