SAU Community

R31 Gts-x Price Guide

Hi there,

Just would like an opinion from you guys on the r31 gts-x that I purchased a little while ago.

Not sure whether to keep it or sell it.

What do you think would be a realistic price for it.

Its arriving in Australia in around a week or so.

Its an absolutley dead stock 1986 hr31 gts-x manual coupe.

Its a genuine 1 owner with 80,000km on the clock and has a genuine grade 4 auction rating.

I have detailed pictures and it is in mint condition with interior and exterior absolutley immaculate.

As I got it cheap I am not sure whether to keep it or sell for a profit and then go hunting for another car.

If I keep it, I am leaning towards keeping it dead stock.

Not sure if I want to go down the modification path again (eg: Fit a rb25det and 5 stud conversion and so on and so on).

Its a dilema but a good dilema.

What do you guys think and what price could I expect.

I can sell with or without compliance doesnt really bother me.

Thanks

Hey Jean Claude, Cazz here. Your GTS-x is worth between 5 and 9 thousand. If you don't comply it, it's not worth a lot at all. Not many people beleive what the importers say about genuine 1 owners or Japanese kilometers, so thats gonna be hard to sell as well.

I reckon you should keep it, if it is 100 percent stock. If you bought it cheap, and it doesn't owe you a lot, hang onto it. Not many stock unmodified HR31;s around anymore. Give the crappy old Bluebird a run for its money too, (Joking).

Cheers

Cazz

Well Hello Cazz,

If I new you were going to answer my thread I would have added a heap more.

Anyway I was really looking for 1984 rsx turbo c when this Clean gts-x came up.

The guy in Japan who inspected it for me said the only fault he could pick up was

a slight tear in the gear stick cover. Everything else was faultless. He even said to me that

you wont find many r31's in this condition so I did what any thoughtless male would do and bought it.

I will contact you when it arrives and since you are the r31 queen you can help me with some parts.

I think you live nearby to me also so maybe you can sus it out if I decide to keep it.

Regards

Jean Claude Vann Damme

• 3 weeks later...

i wouldnt mind a look see ....... and a price if your looking to sell it?

one went for 4500 very recently in victoria ... coz he suspected head gasket...... but turnd out to be rocker cover gasket... poor bloke wasnt very mechanically minded... being that it was 20det eccs redtop with an auto and very clean.

I will keep you posted if I sell.

I am picking up this weekend.

It is a dead stock MANUAL WHITE GTS-X with 80,000km and genuine 1 owner which has been verified.

Has a niccs motor which is not ideal but a genuine grade 4 car and unmolested which is rare.

Interior and exterior reported as excellent with no signs of rust anywhere.

I will provide full compliance and engineers certificate. All that will be required is to register.

If I sell I will provide some photos.

I bought my 1987 Gts coupe (turbo, manual) 3 1/2 years ago, 100% stock with 37,800k's on the clock, genuine grade 4, interior is brand new, cigarette lighter has never been used. It set me back $10,000 inc. 3 year warrenty and all on roads etc...

Some say that I paid too much, but it was in a lot better condition than any other r32, s13 I could find.

Gotta love the hubcaps :)

GTS1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I will keep you posted if I sell.

I am picking up this weekend.

It is a dead stock MANUAL WHITE GTS-X with 80,000km and genuine 1 owner which has been verified.

Has a niccs motor which is not ideal but a genuine grade 4 car and unmolested which is rare.

Interior and exterior reported as excellent with no signs of rust anywhere.

I will provide full compliance and engineers certificate. All that will be required is to register.

If I sell I will provide some photos.

Realistically worth $6-8k in my opinion. The NICS probably has another 15,000kms before it shits itself, tidy interior and exterior with no rust isn't anything particularly unique as generally only good examples get imported. 1986 may even have the small front brakes and 90mm caliper bolt spacing, plus could be single synchro box.

I hope you don't see that as harsh, its the reality (something often overlooked when people start talking R31 values).

Sounds like a nice tidy car. As much as people say keep it stock, I'd suggest an exhaust, some boost and suspension tidy up will make it a 10x nicer car as they're quite strangled stock and even a good one is pretty sloppy at 21 years old.

FFS just post the auction pics mate!!!!

and i cant think of any bog stock mint condition R31 turbos anywhere, so it may pay to keep it that way!

I can.

My old coupe which i was told semi-recently is still in as good condition as when i sold it.

And i assure you, it was immaculate. Even had the factory aircon filter still :thumbsup:

I bought my 1987 Gts coupe (turbo, manual) 3 1/2 years ago, 100% stock with 37,800k's on the clock, genuine grade 4, interior is brand new, cigarette lighter has never been used. It set me back $10,000 inc. 3 year warrenty and all on roads etc...

Some say that I paid too much, but it was in a lot better condition than any other r32, s13 I could find.

Gotta love the hubcaps :nyaanyaa:

GTS1.jpg

i know that car yard, they had a gts-r there for 19,000. up the road from there is an import place that has a gts-x for sale at the moment, starting price was 12,000, its now down to 10,000. nothing to write home about either specially when its sitting next to r32's and r33's for only a few extra grand.

most gts-x's are on the r31 forum for around the 6-8,000 as said above, there are some sitting at the 15-17,000 mark at the moment but they are largely modded or feature cars.

i know that car yard, they had a gts-r there for 19,000. up the road from there is an import place that has a gts-x for sale at the moment, starting price was 12,000, its now down to 10,000. nothing to write home about either specially when its sitting next to r32's and r33's for only a few extra grand.

most gts-x's are on the r31 forum for around the 6-8,000 as said above, there are some sitting at the 15-17,000 mark at the moment but they are largely modded or feature cars.

I was actually looking at the GTS-R (which is still for sale), then found this in the caryard next door, this was in 10x better condition so bought it instead.

update:

Now that the car has arrived at home I am still not 100% sure if I will keep it.

Although it is in complete original condition it still needs some work to get to my standard.

As time goes by my son and I are enjoying working on the car together even though he is only 10.

The actual value does not phase me any more as I am starting to enjoy the looks of it sitting in my garage.

It reminds me of Mark Skaife every time I look at it and the good old days at Sandown when you enjoyed watching

touring cars at its best.

I have a feeling that once I am finished with it we might regret selling it. Its great to work on a car and ejoy the finished

product.

I am just not sure about those factory white rims. Some like it some dont. I may have to look into that.

As for parts on these imports where have you guys found the best place to go for interior bits and peices.

I have checked out the yahoo auctions but is their anything easier.

Have you tried the r31skylineclub? Pays to have a look around there if you are looking for bits and pieces for your coupe.

Sounds like you got a great deal, and it's white, so there's a bonus :)

Best of luck with it.

definitly join up with the R31 boys, get some pics up and ask all the questiond you like.

import R31's are like precious jewels over there! you'll get stacks of help, ideas and suggestions, as well as plenty of parts in the classifieds

As for parts on these imports where have you guys found the best place to go for interior bits and peices.

I have checked out the yahoo auctions but is their anything easier.

R31 club for sure, imports both 2 and 4 door seem to have a good list of parts all the time, some of the more sort after bits go quickly IE: import struts, head lights even tail lights. most dash interior bits are interchangable with the aus version, being a 2 door the door cards are a little harder to get.