SAU Community

Defi Link Connectors

moobaque

Hey all,

I have a greddy twin a-pillar guage mount that for ages have only had one defi link guage in. I have recently purchased another guage but the supplied link cables are just a couple centermeters to short to reach between both guages.

Im trying to find if anyone in melbourne sells the type of little plastic connector defi used. Ive been to dicksmith, jaycar and radio parts and they dont sell them. Ive also looked through the RS Components catalogue and cant find it either.

it looks basically like a pretty standard connector u find on many electronic circuit boards... (pics added)

gallery_31571_11_71927.jpg

gallery_31571_11_107573.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Camden

Sweeet As!

Where abouts are you located dude? I'm around the Camberwell area of Melbourne if thats anywhere near you?

Also where did you purchase them from coz i might need some more in the future?

Cheers

Camden

• 2 months later...

I can verify that all you need to do is extend the wires and use butt connectors (what I did) or solder the wires in.

I just cut in the middle and added the lenght I needed to get from my controller to my boost gauge (that way its hidden).

2497612_32_full.jpg

I used the stock length of wire that came with the second gauge, so that it would be able to reach it on the side of the cluster and not look like crap. The wire you can see in the below picture, to the right of the gauge, is actually the daisy chain wire for the other gauges I am planning to get in the future. The main wire is tucked directy behind the gauge and can really only be seen if you look from outside the windshield or really go poking for it. :O

2497612_33_full.jpg

So far I haven't had any issues with wiring it up this way. :D

Edited by i4dat