SAU Community

"mines" Tuned? R31 At Baskerville

machg

This guy drove fantastically well on Sunday at Baskerville, took it easy to start off with, finished REALLY fast. Was the fastest Skyline running on the day by a clear margin, sounded quite different to all the R32 GTSTs too...Different gear ratios?

image006tq4.jpg

Edited by machg

That guy is on the R31 forums. Its nothing too radical and i dont think it Mines tuned. Still a great looking car though

Impressive car, faster than some other Skylines that I know have had some fairly serious $$$ spent on them...

Its "blue" off R31 site i believe. I havent seen the finished pics though... im a bit behind with it all.

Its not mines tunes though, its just a sticker. I dont recall MINES coming out to AUS recently to tune any car.

Also it isnt exactly stock weight from memory!

And lighter you are, the faster you go, meaning you dont need a big budget power motor :P

Also helps if you can drive and have the car setup well

Incorrect Ash hehe .... he;s never taken he;s coupe out of vic....

its another car

blues car is yellow as well though....but slightly different.. still running a ECCS redtop 20 at that..... (my old engine from my coupe)

http://forum.r31skylineclub.com/index.php/topic,42608.0.html check it out .. she goes pretty well now

Matt

Kelvin Maxfield is the owner, nice guy and a tidy steerer. He's based on the North West Coast of Tassie.

Used to race an FJ20DET powered Datto 1600.

Just over 300kWs at the wheels I am told. Not sure about Mines tuned, but its seen a fair amount of time on Pro Automotive's dyno of late.

Edited by t01-100

I knew someone would know :D

Although, i must admit i dont even know where bakers is lol

Google Earth:

Lattitude 42°44'42.17"S

Longitude 147°17'47.97"E

"The best short circuit in the world" - attributed to the late, great Mr. Peter Brock