SAU Community

"mexican" Coming To Brissie - What To Do?

Paradizzle

Hey all,

Yes i will accept i am a token mexican (Victorian) raiding your state from early June for 10 days... visiting my old man.

He is 10 mins from Brisbane.

I have been a few times, my bro is coming up aswell and we have access to a car etc...

So what to do, where to go...???

Best place to be heading out on Sat night? Whats best place to go out during the week?

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks,

Mark

Cars / Cruising

Cruising Thursday night around the city, Check out www.cruisingbrisbane.com to see where the hot sopts are.

Cruising Saturday night at the goldcoast Broadwater Carpark good for a look and then play boy racers on the way back to brissy on the M1 around 11:30

Cruising Sunday Arvo at “the spit†Gold Coast

Wed Test and tune at Willowbank raceway (if it is on)

Saturday you will probably find some sort of racing ther also

Drinking

Thursdays night in the city you will find all the uni kids out

Friday all the office people go out for drinks

Sat a mixture of all from bogans to pillfreaks

Thats all steriotypical you can have a good time any night but these nights are often seen specific as for instance uni students get discounts on tursdays...

Personally I usually do Saturday nights at Mebas on Gold Coast and Sunday arvo at somewhere like the regatta or any one of the small trendy bars in the valley.

Other Stuff

Check out the gold coast or the Sunshine Coast lots of things to do you will find your own fun.

Mt Gravatt lookout to see the pretty city lights at night

Southbank is nice also has markets on the weekends

Theme parks

Steve Erwins Australia zoo, also if your into bush walk type things the glasshouse mountains are nice to climb and in the same area

Mt Tambourine is nice for some rain forest walks

Byron bay is not too far south and good for a day trip - sun surf and stoners

Day trip to North Stradbroke island

Mt Nebo / Mt Glorious Good drive nice scenery not far from city

Orileys National park another good drive and cool treetop walk through rainforest worth a look

Shopping probably best bet is in the CBD queen street

That’s all I can think of atm I would be keen to hear other opinions as i have a friend coming from Canada and am stressing about where to take him.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks for the reply Dan, i have already done some of that stuff.. but plenty there that i will definately check out.

Whats the deal with the theme parks, are they for kids or adults as well?

In regards to drinking, Thursday nights whats a good place to go?

Also Saturday nights whats the best places to hit... layed back crowed playing some good tunes...

My old man lives around Robertson area or something like that haha...

Cheers.

haha if all works out hopefully i'll be up there the second weekend in june but might be the one after though :P

hmmm what to do in brisbane, come to think of it I have only ever done one thing in brisbane and thats get trashed. places i've been that I can remember, Fridays, Family, Port Office, The Met <--- (That joint is like Metro but darker...can't really remember much of it though, remember goin in and thinking it was shit, then waking up the next morning in some strage appartment which this girl I have now become quite fond of ;) ) and some other random little places. have also been told Monastery and GPO are quite good but never been there.

haha if all works out hopefully i'll be up there the second weekend in june but might be the one after though :P

hmmm what to do in brisbane, come to think of it I have only ever done one thing in brisbane and thats get trashed. places i've been that I can remember, Fridays, Family, Port Office, The Met <--- (That joint is like Metro but darker...can't really remember much of it though, remember goin in and thinking it was shit, then waking up the next morning in some strage appartment which this girl I have now become quite fond of ;) ) and some other random little places. have also been told Monastery and GPO are quite good but never been there.

haha nice mate, i ventured to family last time.. i was a mess though cant remem much. Think i may have been at GPO as well but again a few nights were just a blur.

I take it that most the places are in the valley though... but some were terrible i went into one, and every1 looked like 13yr old pill poppers.

i went into one, and every1 looked like 13yr old pill poppers.

welcome to brisbane :P I have this theory that when I am there I am the only one who isn't on drugs.....

If you're still here for the Queens Birthday w'end, go out to Willowbank & get your fix of Nitro fumes, since you guys in Vic have been without a real drag-strip for yrs

on sunday go to the Normanby hotel..its always packed

Yeah last time i went to Normanby hotel on sunday night, drove to about 5 different places before someone told us to go their.. was pretty good.

As for Willowbank.. thats not a bad idea, how far is Willowbank from Brisbane?

Yeah last time i went to Normanby hotel on sunday night, drove to about 5 different places before someone told us to go their.. was pretty good.

As for Willowbank.. thats not a bad idea, how far is Willowbank from Brisbane?

bout 35 minutes. And its the Norman hotel. I have seen people driving all over the Normanby 5 ways looking for a pub that is 15 kays away. :laughing-smiley-014:

bout 35 minutes. And its the Norman hotel. I have seen people driving all over the Normanby 5 ways looking for a pub that is 15 kays away. :laughing-smiley-014:

sorry gramps,

but here is the address for the NORMANBY

Normanby Hotel

1 Musgrave Rd Red Hill 4059

which is different to the NORMAN

Norman Hotel

102 Ipswich Rd Woolloongabba 4102

sorry gramps,

but here is the address for the NORMANBY

Normanby Hotel

1 Musgrave Rd Red Hill 4059

which is different to the NORMAN

Norman Hotel

102 Ipswich Rd Woolloongabba 4102

OOOPS! My bad donkey. I am so used to people confusing the Normanby with the Norman. I'll just take my pills. :cheers: