SAU Community

R34 Gtt Steering

hi, does anyone out there have the same feeling of a heavyness in steering or is it just me. the power steering works im guessing as i can turn ok, but yet it feels heavier than other cars. previously owned a 33 which felt like a feather compared to this???

I found the power steering on my 34 to be very nicely weighted. And it gave very positive feedback. Sure it's haevier than my parents old magna but it's a much better steerer.

Edited by kralster

steering seems good to me... i prefer abit of weight in steering my g/f civic u can turn the wheel with one finger which aint that good in terms of steering feel.

Pwr steering is fine here...a few things can affect the weight of ur steering...

1. Tyre pressure

2. Width of tyre

3. How much thread you have left..

4. Weight of wheel

intentionally heavier. or a better word to use would be 'direct' rather than the word heavy. More feel of your rubber to the floor.

Edited by deant1

ok so more direct would be the word, so theres nothing that is damaged or worn. it came back from a service and felt heavier to me, its got me quizzed.

33 steering is close to the same set up, not usre as to why that would differ so much