SAU Community

R33 Drag Gtst

R33draggtst

Well after 7 months off the road/track the car is starting to take shape. :)

Really hoping to be finished by the end of June.

A lot of changes made to last year that I hope will help the car drop the times a fair bit from last year biggrin.gif

The RB25 we used last year has now been swapped for an RB26 (we will keep the RB25 though & drop it back in when the season is finished in October to drop last years times further on the RB25 - 9.93)

Hope you like what we are doing

Cheers

John

gtst2007030.jpg

gtst2007027.jpg

gtst2007020.jpg

gtst2007022.jpg

post-39132-1180734982_thumb.jpg

Edited by R33draggtst

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still the existing GTST shell (with a lot taken out), std front wings & carbon doors, bonnet & boot lid.

Car has been back halved - I would have loved to have gone with a full space frame but not just yet.

Holy shit. That's some serious gear in there. So apart from the engine bay frame rails, outer skin on roof, quarters and front apron it's all tube?

Many thanks :P

6 months

not 100% sure yet but likely between 1100 - 1150 kgs

That is quite impressive well done.

How long has the build taken so far?

What will approximately weigh when it is complete?

5 speed jerico with air shifter - should make a huge difference to last year.

be great to be able to change at full throttle :P

Everything's good here John - my minor upgrades to the gtst pale in comparison. Which box have you put in it?

Thanks mate - certainly wouldnt be a grudge match as would be great to see a number of very very quick GTSTS out there as I get so pissed off with people dismissing them out of hand :P

Would love to start "rocking the boat" over the next few years to prove some points :mellow:

Nice work John ;)

Grudge match between your beast and the CRD/India GTS-T when its done? :mellow:

Guys hoping you can help :yes:

The car is being shipped off to New Zealand in October for some work to be done & hope that it's ready by feb.

I've got a good mate here in the UK who's emigrating to Perth & tells me there are some fantastic drag competitions in Feb/Mar.

I would love to ship the car from NZ to Aus to take part in a couple of comps before shipping the car back to the UK :)

Could someone let me know of any decent meets in Feb/March 08 - would love to run the car in Aus next year :(

Many thanks

John

The car is being shipped off to New Zealand in October for some work to be done & hope that it's ready by feb.

Oh oh oh PLEASE have it run at an NZ meet before you leave :D:):/