SAU Community

Hiacs Light

Yeah, cutting the wire is the best option as your warning light still comes on when your power steering fluid is low. Just unplug the computer and then with the car on, go through all the wires connecting them with another piece of wire and see which one turns the light on. Then cut that wire, plug it all back in and drive :D

Thanks people ,I was told that the dash had only twelve screws then out with the bulb. Cutting of the wire at the computer is that easier or fraught with danger if I cut the wrong wire.

is it that hard to manually look at the power steering level? You have to check the coolent and oil manually.

It's not hard, but I'd say cutting one wire is easier than taking the dash out, and yes, I've done both. It's not really a necessity, it's just nice to have it there in case something goes wrong, you can notice it earlier I guess.

As for cutting the wrong wire, I wouldn't stress too much, just check them all by connecting them seperately until you find the one that lights up the dash light. Then cut that wire, and plug the plugs back in. Pretty simple, it took me 5mins to find the wire to cut on my R32. If they're like R32 at all, it'll be the green with white trace line wire on the smaller of the two plugs. Dont just cut that wire without checking though, chances are, R32 is different to R33.

Yeah, cutting the wire is the best option as your warning light still comes on when your power steering fluid is low....
Not on a R33 it doesn't. R33 has electric HICAS, only the R32 used P/S fluid.

So when the fluid in your p/s resevoir gets low the HICAS light doesn't come on? I thought it would be similar to how the handbrake light comes on when your brake fluid is low...

It is for R32s anyway, could be different for R33s. Seems odd that they would change it though?

Salad, being electronic driven in the 33's, there is no Power steer fluid going to the rear, thus no link between hicas and power steer fluid levels.

So has anyone identified which wire it is for the R33's? I pulled the fuse on hicas to make sure it won't operate (until I can get a lock bar) and the light is giving me the shits!

Ah k, I just thought it would have been similar to the low brake fluid light being the handbrake light, as there is no direct link to the handbrake and the brake fluid level either.