SAU Community

My R32 Work In Progress

DJRIFT

ok well its all in and runnign smooth. and all with in my 4 weeks time line. most of the work has happened over the past 3 days thoe.

so a list of stuff done was.

remove old engine and box.

put peddal box in.

clean up engine bay abit with degreser and stuff.

put ne bosch 040 pump in.

get new engine

get new clutch (slide excedy item)

get flywheel machined

stuff around with new engine. i changed alternator brackets and the power stering bracket and pump over. left the air con one as they are the same. changed engine mounts. changed turbo actuator to the rb20 item.

put engine in.

ordered intercooler piping kit to plum up gtr cooler core.

pulled engine out and put clutch and flywheel back in.

put engine back in.

plumbed up cooler and new fuel lines.

made braided clutch line

blead clutch then changed slave cylender shaft as the old one was about 20mm to short.

put redline gbox oil in

put motul oil in.

test fitted short shifter. got it stuck in the gbox. couldnt get it out so i had to pull the gearbox out and pull it apart to get the shifter out. :)

put gbox back in and put short shifter in properly.

put moddified tail shaft in. comprises of r33 front half with r32 center bearing and r32 rear half. r32 auto tail shaft is not long enough.

put standard rear sway bar on after fitting a whiteline item which my exhaust wouldnt clear :)

stuffed around with the ecu as the wiring i used off this site didnt work out right for me. i will address that problem later.

so after te past 3 days of stress waiting for parts to arive and fit properly i got to take it for its first run. it fealt pretty strong untill it got to hot and the spark started to break down so back home to swap my rb20 coils over. good old girl still never lets me down. with a fresh set of coils and a few rattles fixed it was off for a few more test drives which went very well.

so all should be good for this weekends drift day.

i will endevor to throw a few pics up of the finished product soon.

thanks to every one that has given me any advice so far.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep i am thinking that i might enter the final round.

well its been a while since i have driven a manual 32 with rb20 equipped so it is hard to tell. (the last manual 32 i drove was a mates 25 equipped one which had 200+ at the wheels) but it feels torque enough. should be fun with a bit more boost and alike.

i think the next thing is an aftermarket ecu for me. as it is rich as buggery.

tandems will be sweet. ill even have to consider painting my car red to match (if i and tandems are any good)

just some quick pics. ive got some new rims. on the front. they are work rims. tuff jap style but they are only 16s and need a respray. im going to sandblast the centres. paint them black and keep the polished lip. ill get some better pics of the wheels later.

also a pic of the black GTR cooler. it looks very sligh behind the silver bar.

oh and i found another problem tonight while test driving. so late tommorow night will be a bit of a tuning execise.

post-28089-1184848497_thumb.jpg

post-28089-1184848532_thumb.jpg

post-28089-1184848557_thumb.jpg

post-28089-1184848586_thumb.jpg

post-28089-1184848638_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJRIFT

hey salad i like both sets of rims but i realy cant justify spending that much on just rims when i could get a new turbo or somthing. my car already doesnt look the part but i just cant do it. i will add that i would love to thoe.

i ran m car at a practice drift day on the weekend. i was trying to get my engine in on time for this event. it was a good day for me once i sorted a few issues. i was the first car on the t=rack and the last car off and i was happy that i had no over heating problems or anything like that for the day. top fun. the rb25 felt strong but it has a limiter problem which i will adress with a new aftermarket ecu. the day sertanly showed up the flaws in my springs and shocks so i have already sourced some coilovers for the rear and some bilstines for the front to test out and ill go from there. i will also be instaling a race seat and harnes as i had a back ache after the event from being flung around the car so much.

ive been waiting for some decent pics to emerge but i am sill waiting so if i get one i will post it up.

yes the lower limmiter was a bit gay but it has another problem thoe. (on the limmiter that is)

yea i had a top day but i wont be running at the next day as i a) have another racing event on and b) need to sort some new suspension out.

its nice that people have said i done well as i wasnt realy told by anyone elce on the day.

i will endevor to be at the final round thoe and maybe the lead up practice day funds pending.

i went on a cruse on the weekend with a few other skylines. here is a vid link

i had a friend driving as i have no licence. he was a very good steerer and pushed it a lot harder than i do usualy becuse im a pussy >_<

i have now got my rev speed meter working as my speedo and am finding little problems with the new loom setup. the plan is to put a haltec on soon and then i will rewire the engine and all body things and maybe get my climate control working again so its not so hot in the car all of the time.

i want to put a wing on my car but the winf i want is a GT style wing an i know every one will think its gay. bit of a moral delema.

i have purchased some suspension but am waiting for arival so i can get the car realy setup

whats wrong with a gt wing? :ninja: , they actually do a lil for rear grip believe it or not, or i noticed the difference when i put mine on :D. put a bodykit on it aswell though. tbh i was thinking of putting one on my old 32 cuz i thought it would suit the bodykit :D

• 2 weeks later...

yep i was home. it was taken aprox 7pm. a mate arived at my house and he parked in my spot but we cant see it from the front door. he stayed for half an hour then when i was seeing him off i realised he was parked where the skyline had been.

its realy gay as

A my insurance had just run out and i had to get the engine conversion checked out before renewing it.

B the bank owns most of it.

C i usuly imobilise it by pulling a wire off the fuel pump relay at night

D it was in a very well lit open area'

E ive pored shit loads of time and money into it and i work 7 days a week to keep funding the mods i do because i enjoy my car

F ive only driven it once since the engine conversion. most of my mates have driven it more than me.

hope you find it buddy.

keep your head up and your eyes open.

can't you get your insurance renewed and then report it as stolen?? so technically your insurance would cover it??

altough i dont think you could do this in your situation.

so atm it looks like your going to be paying off a car that you don't even have.

sucks big time

holy f**king shit man :thumbsup: thats bad news sim terribly sorry to hear! sounds like a well planned theft also, cant believe they took the head... f**kers!

you got any lead on who it was? the cops helping much?

:)

na cops cant do much, but they didnt even fingerprint it.

FARK!

FARKING WANKERS!

*SCREAMS*

:D

this is ludicrous.. i hope ur ok man..

:thumbsup:

yea mate thanks. very disheartning but im ok. if you read this hole post of mine you will see just how far i have brought this car in just over a year.

OMG that sucks even more.

what you going to do with it now??

build it up again or just chuck it??

was it far from your house???

ill begin stripping everything its got on it tomorrow. still has bottom end g box diff suspension brakes and tyres but the shell is roo ted

it was stolen from out side my house. dumped at the other end of the state.

to make matters worse a mate stu (red 4 door off here) went and looked at it at about 8:30 am and when i got there at 11am more stuff had been nicked off it.