SAU Community

Nissan Collection Zama Warehouse.

prince

Hi again/

Here is something for a lot of people to think about. How many people have heard of the Zama Warehouse in Yokahama? How many have seen it. Well I can tell you first hand that it is the most breath-taking sight to see over 750 carsd in one place that show the Prince/Datsun/Nissan history from as early as 1938. As the proud owner of the Grandfather of the R32 (Prince GT-B) I saw touched and saty in some of the most fantastic cars ever built. Technology from Prince/Tama/Datsun will never be seen again. The warehouse is now sold. The collection is never going to ever be seen again as complete as I saw it. The cars will be split up over a large area, and will posibly loose the impact that they have as a collection.

From the East African Safari rally cars, to Allan Grice/Win Percy Skyline to the awsome R33 Calsonic. Also LeMans and Time Trial Prince R380-A to the retro and never seen mock-ups.

The list is oh so long.

To much to tell. I am one of two lucky people that have had this experience.

See also in the events the 2nd Classic All Japanese Car Show Swap and Shine as being held 26/8/2007.

Hope to see you there.

Regards RAY

I took photo's and DVD. Also saw Toyota museum/ Pand S Museum and BP nostalgic Tokyo and well as other venues. I will have all the photos on my site in couple weks Will let you know. You will require a translater from Japanese to English as it is a Japanese site.

Ray

Edited by prince

I'm curious how did you get in? I would be keen to check it out in november. and how can you be only one of two people ever to see it?

you yourself posted this:

"Hi to all. I am heading for Japan, with a mate, and a look around at Red Park, and Toyota Museum, Twin Rings, Fuji and the Tokyo BP Nostalgic car show in early May. That is some of the agenda.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get into the ZAMA WAREHOUSE FOR A TOUR . I would really like to see the nostalgic era from 1965-1980 cars. I believe that there is over 800 cars. From all reports that I have, the plant was closed down some 5+ years ago. With the cars gathering dust.

I know of other people getting to see. I hava approached Nissan Aust without any reply.

Would appreciate any, that is any assistance as to who/how/when to seethis history. For instance the East African Safari works 240Z Datsun Laurel 1600, Datsun 1600SSS, of course the Prince vehicles. That would be a start to see. I know also that the Nissan works cars from America, I believe are also tucked away.

Waiting to hear ohmy.gif"

so if you know of 'other people getting to see' then clearly there has been a lot more than two. anyway, it would be nice to share some pics rather than just posting up "i'm the only person to see zama warehouse, so there." seems a bit like you're trying just to rub peoples face in it? or perhaps I've misunderstood completely. if so, sorry.

I'm curious how did you get in? I would be keen to check it out in november. and how can you be only one of two people ever to see it?

You are correct. I did post that. I wanted to see at the time if others were able to get to see Zama.

You wont get to see Zama Warehouse, trust me as it is closed/ Sold the Warehouse. Vehicles are all being relocated to numerous locations.

I got in through a friend in Japan. Origonally I had contacted some 6 people all over the world to get the contacts to get in. It took me some 5 months of making contact. Zama is not managed by Nissan, although it is on Nissan manufacturing plant site. It is privately controlled. My mate and I as far as I have been told are the only Ausies to ever see the collection. There has been a couple of people from England as well. It is not open for public viewing. Only by invitation. We were fortunate that the people who arranged it for us actually opened it on the day that I nominated we were able to see (May 19) As we had a very long schedule/itinary.

When I get a chance I will (I promise) put some photos on the site. I will however have to find out how to do this firstly.

Regards RAY

you yourself posted this:

"Hi to all. I am heading for Japan, with a mate, and a look around at Red Park, and Toyota Museum, Twin Rings, Fuji and the Tokyo BP Nostalgic car show in early May. That is some of the agenda.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get into the ZAMA WAREHOUSE FOR A TOUR . I would really like to see the nostalgic era from 1965-1980 cars. I believe that there is over 800 cars. From all reports that I have, the plant was closed down some 5+ years ago. With the cars gathering dust.

I know of other people getting to see. I hava approached Nissan Aust without any reply.

Would appreciate any, that is any assistance as to who/how/when to seethis history. For instance the East African Safari works 240Z Datsun Laurel 1600, Datsun 1600SSS, of course the Prince vehicles. That would be a start to see. I know also that the Nissan works cars from America, I believe are also tucked away.

Waiting to hear ohmy.gif"

so if you know of 'other people getting to see' then clearly there has been a lot more than two. anyway, it would be nice to share some pics rather than just posting up "i'm the only person to see zama warehouse, so there." seems a bit like you're trying just to rub peoples face in it? or perhaps I've misunderstood completely. if so, sorry.

Well nice of you post all of this.. But instead of rubbing it in everyones face, why not let us know how you did it? Would like to check it out myself while im still here...

Well nice of you post all of this.. But instead of rubbing it in everyones face, why not let us know how you did it? Would like to check it out myself while im still here...

If I knew how to put the photos on the SAU site I would do so. I am still editting them. 700 plus photos.

I am sorry but I cant give you my contacts . The reason being it is NOT OPEN to public. Special invitation only.

If you live/ reside in Japan and you cant get in, then think of the problem I had. It took 5 months of negotation.

If someone can directly tell me how to upload the photos I will do so.

Regards Ray

If you know how to edit the pictures, im sure you would know how to post up one or two.

Click on "Add Reply" and you'll see an option to add photos when replying..

I'm not doubting you went there, but "I can't give you my contacts"...? What kind of contacts are we talking of? And of course its not open to the public, we already know that!