SAU Community

Gms R32 Doco

lotus1

Lotus 1, I have a copy of the 1991 ATCC. about an hour and a bit long.

Give us a call if you're interested.

Hooks

hooks, I'll trade you my 1990 ATTC for your 1991. :P anyone have 1992?

I bought this bloody DVD the other day that claimed 1990-1993 ATTC turns out it's 1990,1993 with 1991 and 1992 sadly missing. It's the old channel 7 coverage though and is pretty good. channel 7 really put on some good coverage with their incar cams, and pole cam etc.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noice, the bathursts are good, and I now have a few versions of them, but what I'm really after is the 91 and 92 ATTC. highlights is fine, but full races would be gravy. :(

What year was it that Lary kicked ass in the VL at Lakeside. I cant recall of the GTRs were there, but the Sierras were all there. Hmmm, have to try and find that odl tape. The the rounds of the SATCC would be great.

What year was it that Lary kicked ass in the VL at Lakeside. I cant recall of the GTRs were there, but the Sierras were all there. Hmmm, have to try and find that odl tape. The the rounds of the SATCC would be great.

I photographed all the ATCC rounds at Lakeside in the late 80's early 90's and remember snapping the R31's and the windfield GTR's....

Pictures??? :D

I hope I can find them, I was shooting for newspapers in QLD and they own and keep the shots. I of course kept the pix I liked for my self but since moving to Tassie and I can't find anything.

I have worked as a media photographer for 15 yrs and nothing is more exciting than shooting motorsport. Bring back the old ATCC days!!!!! I'm sick of the same old V8's running one by one, one lap after another.

I hope I can find them, I was shooting for newspapers in QLD and they own and keep the shots. I of course kept the pix I liked for my self but since moving to Tassie and I can't find anything.

I have worked as a media photographer for 15 yrs and nothing is more exciting than shooting motorsport. Bring back the old ATCC days!!!!! I'm sick of the same old V8's running one by one, one lap after another.

I am Tasmanian just moved to Canberra.....

I too miss the variation in cars. Ford Vs Holden.... *yawn* a silhouette series......

If you can dig the images out, you'd have many people salivating here! :ninja:

• 6 months later...

Any updates on how this doco is coming along?

Any updates on the restoration of this Group A car? Is it going to be in the 1991 livery? I believe the car that was sold to Asia (and is now returned) was the 1991 Bathurst winner. Can anyone confirm?

Any updates on how this doco is coming along?

Any updates on the restoration of this Group A car? Is it going to be in the 1991 livery? I believe the car that was sold to Asia (and is now returned) was the 1991 Bathurst winner. Can anyone confirm?

The doco is coming along very slowly. Unfortunately work intervenes. Material is still being collected

The Group A car will be restored to the '91 livery and its rebuild will be in the doco. Fred Gibson wants to see the car. Hopefully that will be in March. The plan has been to let him see it before restoration and get that on the video also.

The previous owner of the car thought it was the Bathurst winner. Another forum refers to Issue 3 of Motor Racing Australia where a journalist asks Gibbo why he sold the Bathurst winning the car overseas. He said something like " it was just a car"

Others say the R32 in the Fox collection is the '91 Bathurst winning car

How do you prove it one way or another?

noice, the bathursts are good, and I now have a few versions of them, but what I'm really after is the 91 and 92 ATTC. highlights is fine, but full races would be gravy. :(

I have both of these Richard...will be available on DVD soon...ill let you know.

The No.1 chassis was the livery 1 for 2/3 of the season...then they swapped race numbers for the remainder of the season and Bathurst. Then chassis No.2 wore race number 1 an easy way to tell which was which was the black windscreen strip which didnt change when numbers changed (the other cars windscreen strip was white).

• 6 years later...