SAU Community

Screamer pipe

they are illegal. from what i know, the wastegate is separated from the dump, therefore, less turbulence in exhaust system. the dump still connects to front n thru cat back, but the small pipe from the wastegate dumps to the floor, which means really loud noise and flames.

Originally posted by DREMEN

Well how do they work? Is it just a dump pipe which vents straight to the atmo?

I hear they are very very illegal :)

I also heard that they shoot flames out the bottom of your car :D

Anyone here got one?

it's a pipe seperate to the exhaust.

you can have them open to atmo or plumbed back in to the exhaust further down the pipework.

Definitely Illegal...!!!

Very Loud...

you can seperate the wastegate pipe on internal wastegates and external.

i used to run a gutted cat, but not much spectacular flames. dunno y too...thought it would spit some flames.

and i think the fines would not be under some yellow sticker thing, but rather environment pollution...heard in QLD it's a 10k fine or sumthing.

a screamer pipe is a pipe that runs from an internal or external wastegate, to the atmosphere.

so it doesn't get plumbed back to the exhaust.

therefore it is just like hearing a turbo with no muffler or anything.

basically it SCREAMS when you come on boost because the wastegate open to release the excess boost and it just goes straight out without any muffling.

if you get one on a street car, you will not enjoy driving your car at all. not due to the noise, but always looking out for the police.

it is loud, makes car sound very tough, but one where the pipe plumbed back into the dump further down is just as effective if you are running an internal wastegate.