SAU Community

Headlights On 350gt

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, anyone in sydney want to or know someone who will install the Xenon light on mine for a fee? i just dont have the time or knowledge to do it... thanks :D

+1 to that. Also want them and wouldn't mind a recommendation based on experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just about to reconnect my xenons together when it unfortunately looks as tho they've cut the wires to close to the loom, my problem is i'm not too electrically minded and the only way i see to re connect them is to splice them (wires being too short i can't) is there any way I can get some sort of spacer to crimp on the ends so it gives me a bit more room.

Much appreciated if anyone can help cos I really want to get these going.

• 1 month later...

I am a bit of a noob in lights... I want to get HIDs from the group buy at http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Hi...y2-t242766.html

Now, question I've been asked, is what type of a bulb I have. Is it correct to say it is H4?

Do I need to specify anything else so it can be fitted into the V35? Or it wouldn't work? (I do want to keep my fog lights etc as it is)

Any help in helping a lights noob would be appreciated :D

I don't think so. I am pretty sure the guy who complied it took it out, because he resells them to other cars. So I'll need an HID ballast too I gather?

I am thinking low beam (the normal driving lights). I don't really use high beam much. I just want my car to have a more prestigious look when the lights are on.

I don't think so. I am pretty sure the guy who complied it took it out, because he resells them to other cars. So I'll need an HID ballast too I gather?

I am thinking low beam (the normal driving lights). I don't really use high beam much. I just want my car to have a more prestigious look when the lights are on.

If your headlight is 2003 model, Low beam will be D2S, High beam/fog will be H4.

Cheers

Frank

Ah, cool. So I have to get a D2R bulb with an HID ballast? Someone mentioned to me that it is H1 bulb... That's not right, right? Everyone refers on these forums to D2R. How come are fogs and high beams the same? They are different lights, thought would be different bulbs also... And also, I've read that people started to have their fogs turn on at the same time as parkers etc - that's due to bad wiring right? Not because of the HID kit?

Edited by russky

Ah, cool. So I have to get a D2R bulb with an HID ballast? Someone mentioned to me that it is H1 bulb... That's not right, right? Everyone refers on these forums to D2R. How come are fogs and high beams the same? They are different lights, thought would be different bulbs also... And also, I've read that people started to have their fogs turn on at the same time as parkers etc - that's due to bad wiring right? Not because of the HID kit?

For 2003, the HIDis D2R, FOG and High beam is same buld which is H4--you know that H4 is a double light, right?

For 2006, The HID is D2S, Fog is H1, High beam stay with HID as be-xion.

Fog/ Driver light has it own wire. So if it on together with parkers, will be a wrong wire.

franks

• 3 weeks later...

I need help, I got myself the original HID Ignitor (which is the cable from the ballast to the D2R bulb, Mine was cut off), when I was converting it back from H1 to HID. I accidentally plug in reverse polarity to the Original Ballast on my right side of my HID, I believe something blew, but using my left side, I did a check on the ballast & Bulb, it worked (Lucky me). Anyone knows where is the fuse for the HID or any other remedies?

wish you had brought them in when I was down there last. I had the front off the car to do the cruise control. drop the front off when you do it and watch the drivers light as the cruise unit is below it.