SAU Community

Headlights On 350gt

Hi Warren

The factory ballasts is located on the back of your fog light (Downstairs),

it was screw up to the light it self like a cover.

That is why we have to remove the front bumper to get access to it in order to put it back after complince.

In additional if your complince workshop do good jobs, I mean they successful put normal globes in low beam, they already make some modisfication on the socket, you have to return it back to factory, so that you can put HID back in place.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told compliance to leave the motor for the xenons in and i grabbed the globes and the metal transistors there connected to and all i have to do is re run the wires to the xenon motor and remove the globes they currently have installed for australia.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fog lights. Essentially, if I want to see details on the road, I have to turn them on. My lights seem to be for the street signs and not the road. People have complained that they are too high. Looked at the lights, and couldn't find a switch like on fold falcons/fairmonts (my previous car) to adjust, so meh, lol. I didn't get any Xenons with mine... Did anyone try to source them? Around what price and where?

• 1 month later...

Had to get the thread going again sorry! :D (instead of talking about headlights etc in the Show 'n' Shine section)

I'm still to remove my bumper and look at what's what, but on the subject of the fog lights, when I turn the switch for the fogs my park lights come on.

My question is, where the high beam and fog lights used to be (downstairs) were they incorporated into the same globe or?

Also question for Frank, I have H4 HID globes that are low/high beams in one, could I place them in the bottom section and use the low as the fogs and the high as they are?

Had to get the thread going again sorry! :P (instead of talking about headlights etc in the Show 'n' Shine section)

I'm still to remove my bumper and look at what's what, but on the subject of the fog lights, when I turn the switch for the fogs my park lights come on.

My question is, where the high beam and fog lights used to be (downstairs) were they incorporated into the same globe or?

Also question for Frank, I have H4 HID globes that are low/high beams in one, could I place them in the bottom section and use the low as the fogs and the high as they are?

Hi there:

That happen to me either, when I change my bottom globe to a H4 HID(only with high beam), when I switch the fog, parking light on. I don't know why: (.

Any way, High beam and fog share same globe.

About your H4HID, I thing it will be OK, link the yellow wire to the fog's positive and grey to the negative.

Thanks Frank I will check it out. The only thing I didn't want to have was two sets of ballasts though, bit messy.

I thing you will going to have 3 set, :(:rofl: one for High beam, one for FOG/HIght, One for the fog on the bumper ^_^

I thing you will going to have 3 set, :D;) one for High beam, one for FOG/HIght, One for the fog on the bumper ^_^

HAHA yeah the ballasts for the fog lights are already there but they are at the bottom, I haven't checked if the headlight ballasts are there yet.

HAHA yeah the ballasts for the fog lights are already there but they are at the bottom, I haven't checked if the headlight ballasts are there yet.

Yestoday I finished the last part of my job, Put the H1 HID in fog light. Stranght look because low beam is 4300K and FOG is 6000k, tonight I will do the adjustment, put the picture later.

Any clues on how to take out the front grille?

thanks

John

Hey mate, just remove the 4 push tabs on top of the grill, pop the 6 clips at the bottom out and the grill should come straight off :)

Hey mate, just remove the 4 push tabs on top of the grill, pop the 6 clips at the bottom out and the grill should come straight off :)

On my 2005, there are also 2 clips on the sides towards the top corners which attach it to the bumper. If you need to take the front bar of as well, leave these on and it will just come away with the grill. Put still remove the 4 push tabs as above.

Yestoday I finished the last part of my job, Put the H1 HID in fog light. Stranght look because low beam is 4300K and FOG is 6000k, tonight I will do the adjustment, put the picture later.

Frank.. i picked up my 350gt today.. now i asked the dealer to put the xenon back on, and they said they did.. now how can i tell the difference between a xenon or non--xenon?.. also i found these connections in my glove compartment that looks like a bulb connection..

Frank.. i picked up my 350gt today.. now i asked the dealer to put the xenon back on, and they said they did.. now how can i tell the difference between a xenon or non--xenon?.. also i found these connections in my glove compartment that looks like a bulb connection..

Hey there,

Xenon light is very white and bright. If you turn your lights on, you're parking strips (down the side of the headlight) will look very very yellow compared to your Xenon. If there similar, you may have non xenons.

You can also check behind the headlight, but it's hard to see in there. The cover for your bottom fog light, you take off to change the globe will have the ballast for the Xenon light on it. Not just a conventional circular screw off cover. Check this is wired up, and if yes, you have Xenon.

Cheers

Bobby

Hey there,

Xenon light is very white and bright. If you turn your lights on, you're parking strips (down the side of the headlight) will look very very yellow compared to your Xenon. If there similar, you may have non xenons.

You can also check behind the headlight, but it's hard to see in there. The cover for your bottom fog light, you take off to change the globe will have the ballast for the Xenon light on it. Not just a conventional circular screw off cover. Check this is wired up, and if yes, you have Xenon.

Cheers

Bobby

Yeh, Very clear, easy to find out