SAU Community

Headlights On 350gt

so i have been reading and it seems that the V35 350GT came out with xenons as standard, but that these are removed at compliance...

i picked up my car today and i also recieved (in the glovebox) a set of headlight globes that look like phillips xenon globes...

can i just plug them in or is it likely that the whole headlight has been modified for the non-xenon globes?

cheers,

Warren

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bud, you'll find that the line from the ballast, that looks like shiny armour will be completely destroyed/severed, as per compliance regs.

wow, quick response!

i'm not sure what you mean exactly mate.. do you mean the long thing that runs from the tip of the globe back to the base on one side?

because it all looks intact.. in fact, the 2 globes are in a sealed pack with 2 wires that look like they've never been opened

The fog lights on these cars are not separate like other cars. They are part of the headlight so you will have them(The bottom halogen goes brighter - it is activated through the middle rotating switch on the indicator stalk).

But they will probably be disconnected during compliance, no biggie - open the stalk and connect them again - if you so choose at your own peril of course.

Edited by -= SKiZO =-

The fog lights on these cars are not separate like other cars. They are part of the headlight so you will have them(The bottom halogen goes brighter - it is activated through the middle rotating switch on the indicator stalk).

But they will probably be disconnected during compliance, no biggie - open the stalk and connect them again - if you so choose at your own peril of course.

Hey Skizo.

Wow, first time I heard that the fogs had to be removed as well.

I can't believe that the Xenons need to be removed. I've driven my coupe with and without them, and can say that these headlights are not designed for halogens at all. At the time, my fogs were connected and I got a brighter, wider beam coming from my fogs than I did with the halogens.

Wow, first time I heard that the fogs had to be removed as well.

I checked my docs and you may be right, there is no reference to the fog lights in the CIN but the Xenons are in there. So not sure if these definitely needed to be done, but were anyway and I got the attached doc from compliance too.

Compliance___FOGS.pdf

Not too long ago people worked out the head light and fog light is one unit and they didn't like it, some of the first ones imported like mine still had them in and it also depends on the workshop because if they have been lazy and haven't updated their evidence it doesn't tell them to disconnect the wire or if just very lazy they take a risk and don't do the mod when they know they have to.

Their are different ways they do it as well some are cut a couple of wires and some are remove wires in the engine bay, when they first came out the fog lights were ok you just had to put a tell tale in, when these mods are designed we want to do the mod quickly and do as little as required so it dosen't stuff something else up, unless a safety issue easy to return to as per factory.

And please don't hammer me for doing the mod as I do as I am told by people who decide my workshops future, I even had H1's in mine for 6 months so been their done that.

HID's well that is for another time..........

After complince I am able to put my HID back, but need to remove the front bumper, by that time, I thought, as long as i already take off the bumper, why not just make things finished.

So. I put a set of H4 7000k HID kid in my High Beam/ FOG,

That is the worest decision I had ever made.

After complince I am able to put my HID back, but need to remove the front bumper, by that time, I thought, as long as i already take off the bumper, why not just make things finished.

Frank

Are you going to tell us why it was the worst decision?

:thumbsup:

1, I lost my fog light.

2, The highbeam HID is seldom use in city drive, even in high way I have think about others eyes have to turn it off.

Because it is realy realy realy bright/white, compare to it, factory 4500k is like a golden color.

As you know there are only few H4 size switchable HID kit back to August 2006(when I get my car).

So now my Head light only have 2 parts: Low beam(up stairt) High Beam (down stairs) and no FOG.

That is totally waste of money.

That's a real shame mate. You don't need to remove the front bumper at all. When you remove the wheels and underside covers you have good access to do the job. Even better if you have access to a hoist.

Not too long ago people worked out the head light and fog light is one unit and they didn't like it, some of the first ones imported like mine still had them in and it also depends on the workshop because if they have been lazy and haven't updated their evidence it doesn't tell them to disconnect the wire or if just very lazy they take a risk and don't do the mod when they know they have to.

Their are different ways they do it as well some are cut a couple of wires and some are remove wires in the engine bay, when they first came out the fog lights were ok you just had to put a tell tale in, when these mods are designed we want to do the mod quickly and do as little as required so it dosen't stuff something else up, unless a safety issue easy to return to as per factory.

And please don't hammer me for doing the mod as I do as I am told by people who decide my workshops future, I even had H1's in mine for 6 months so been their done that.

HID's well that is for another time..........

Nigel

You'll never get any hammering from me.

So, unofficially and assuming they were disabled the way that you do it for compliance, could a person reconnect the fog lights and reinstall the xeons after compliance? (only for off road purposes of course :thumbsup: )

Paul

Nigel

You'll never get any hammering from me.

So, unofficially and assuming they were disabled the way that you do it for compliance, could a person reconnect the fog lights and reinstall the xeons after compliance? (only for off road purposes of course :thumbsup: )

Paul

Paul,

It depends on who did your headlights as to how you get the fog light and HID's working for when you go to the race track, I would not fit a set of after market one's OEM only which are not to hard to get hold of and work out the same price of a shitty set of Chinese ones.

I had to re-install a set of OEM HID's (I am not shitting you, we do things by the book here) which I did 4 months after owning the car and I wish I did it sooner as they are mint, but as I said the Fog Lights were still connected.

Swapping the head lights without a hoist is a pain in the arse, I take the front bar off after the wheels and inner guard, you can get to the lights to change a globe by just removing the wheels and inner guard.

The Gog Lights work mint as well.

Send me a email Paul and I will work out how yours was done.