SAU Community

Hello Ppl Im New

Ally

Who said anything about it being legal? Its illegal to even have it operating when the handbrake is not on....Thats why legally it has to be wired into the handbrake so that it disables when the handbrake is on...

yer its not legal, but you put the hand break on one click, or i can get them to not connect it..

haha BUT your aloud GPS??? who knows these days!! :thumbsup:

Who said anything about it being legal? Its illegal to even have it operating when the handbrake is not on....Thats why legally it has to be wired into the handbrake so that it disables when the handbrake is on...

oh

i did not know that

usually we have it playing in a mate's car and been through a few breath tests while movie's on and they don't notice it, figured its legal

just got lucky then...

Edited by R-SPEC

and now im thinking i install a head unit/dvdplayer underneth a screen so i dont use the screen unless i wont to,

im going to have a look tonight...

I'd say you'd be able to play music on it without having the screen out, but yeah, a seperate unit is the other option

yer its not legal, but you put the hand break on one click, or i can get them to not connect it..

haha BUT your aloud GPS??? who knows these days!! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't do the 1 click thing, just don't connect it, and put it away if a cop is pulling you over...

yes welkommen alex, I too have a DVD player/screen in my car.. and it actually gives me the shits to be honest.. its kinda distrating having the rather bright sreen Gleeeming away during the night while driving. and it covers the climate control when its open. Mine is actually starting to play up a little. it opens then closes when it reaces fully open. i have to hit the open button at the right time to get it to stay open.

personally think its a total waste of money....better option is to get a good sound system for the car.

A person i knew (and who owns a skyline) said he used to watch the screen while driving down the highway.....i wanted to ask him "what did the 5 fingers say to the face?"

btw ctjet - i lol'd at your first post in this thread.....the writers of family guy got the idea for glen quagmire from Ivan the terrible (aka ctjet) :)

Welcome to the forums

Alex will be a friend from CNR33's work who bought the car I suspect as he was talking to me about selling it a couple of weeks back and explained that. Say Hi to Chris when you see him as he doesnt get on here much anymore I have noticed. :D

Back to real crime Sherlock Holmes. :)

Dam straight its a novelty item haha,

whats my source?? a public webserver? HUH?

oh and i got the screen cheap, my dad installs A.V. so i go through his wholesaler,

and now im thinking i install a head unit/dvdplayer underneth a screen so i dont use the screen unless i wont to,

im going to have a look tonight...

alex, alex, alex what are you doing to my car??? haha. don't move the climate control unit, it'll look crap in the top corner. just mount it in the middle slot where my head unit was, and you could always put something else below it!

welcome aboard anyway ;)

ill take this one step further and get ready to be flamed.. Im currently working on installing not just dvd screen in my car a full computer.. it will have all those cool pc options cd/dvd burner, dvd player, wireless internet, games, gps, reverse camera and front camera (maybe mounted in the grill for cool cruise shots) and of course a hard drive stocked with mp3 and music videos. As far as covering your controls goes mines adjustable and doesnt just flip out and up it swivels left and right (does yours have that)??

It makes it a bit easier to get to the controls.

ive got a screen in my car, sits just under the climate control unit, and only effects the controls when open so no biggie. yeah it is a bit of a gimmick but eh, i like it. can send you pics of how it looks in the car if you like Ally.

Welcome to SAU ;)

post-32646-1183694100_thumb.jpgHey there and welcome budy. I agree with everyone its more a gimic hey but it looks cool!!!!!!!!

here mine kind of the same except its a seperate t.v screen to the player!!!

TV/DVD in the car is a bit of a show thing, more of a toy. I had a Pioneer DVD and TV tuner in one of my previous cars back in 2000-2001. Was kinda cool to be able to watch the news or whatever on TV when I was stuck in traffic :)

Other than show value, I don't see the point in the DVD player... since I'm unlikely to sit and watch a DVD in my car on a small 7" screen..

Anyway Welcome to SAU Ally! :bunny: