SAU Community

Well... Last Night

Grinners

I turned a corner at about 20k under (yes under) the speed limit.

Unbeknowns to me, there had been road works during the day and the speed limit had been reduced to 40, these signs had since been taken away.

Furthermore there had been an oil spill that day which was covered with sand/sawdust.

Unfortunately for me the signs had been taken away and the rain washed the sand/sawdust away so here i am travelling around a corner, with oil on the road, at night in the rain, going under the speed limit.

Long story short my car got intimate with a tree.

If i didn't have comprehensive insurance i would be suing the council/workers or SOMEONE for taking the speed signs and oil spill signs away.

But i do, and behind every cloud and all that... so now i'm in the market for a skyline i think (form a lancer :rant: ).

Don't know how much i have yet. Should find out soon. (by wednesday).

Anywho. Just wanted to vent my splein :( Thanks guys, (PS any suggestions on car to buy, looking at between 9-11k, 12k pushing it a bit). PS. i'm on my P's (but i did get them a year and a half ago so i can get a turbo car).

Thanks for listening! PS. i drive like a grandma so don't tell me i'm a hoon or deserve it please!

not really mate, cops will do you for power to weight ratio now if u had a turbo.

unfortubate what happened to your car.

if i was you get a non turbo skyline for now, and then in 18months bolt a turbo to the side of it. will save u all the headaches from the cops too.

see how u go

not really mate, cops will do you for power to weight ratio now if u had a turbo.

unfortubate what happened to your car.

if i was you get a non turbo skyline for now, and then in 18months bolt a turbo to the side of it. will save u all the headaches from the cops too.

see how u go

Just because a car has a turbo in it doesn't mean its over the power to weight ratio.

A 180sx turbo is fine, so is a r32 gtst (1991-1993 model 2 door) in my understanding.

No evidence ever gets shown for this on this forum though :rant:

I'll give vicroads a call tommorow to make perfectly sure.

An old list, but still helpful :)

Wouldnt your insurance company seek payment from the government? Insurance hates to pay out especially when its someone elses fault lol

pplaterestrictedimportenb6.jpg

Yeah, the insurance company would probably do all they could to get out of it, that's why i'm not gonna push the oil point, i mentioned it to them, and made a complaint to the council.

The thing is, i don't want some long, dragged out investigation where i don't see my money for like a year. I need a car for uni.

But yeah, pretty sure i'll be getting a 32-gtst :D I'm hoping for exhaust and maybe front and side grill/skirts, anything else would be a bonus.

Yup been there done that too. Sux huh, amazing the damage you can do well under the speed limit.

A 32 GTSt is prob your only real option, that or wait a few more years, save more cash and buy a 33/34. There is a mad Nismo S-tune 4-door 34 for sale atm, 21k!