SAU Community

Speedo! Wtf!

Why does the speedometer on my skyline r34 25gt 4-door non-turbo only go up to 180km/h - makes it look kinda foolish seeing as my 1993 camry executive (nowhere near as powerful) had a speedo that went up to 220.

Is there a way to get a speedo that goes up to like 280/300/320 installed... (even tho there is a speed limiter at around 190)

lol eug, its that simple? how much u reckon it would cost me to get it installed by a pro and all?? and lol i dont really wanna get an aftermarket ecu to get rid of the speed cut. i want it to just look good lol, a 320km/h gauge would look awesome hahaha. so yeh my questoin again... how much would it cost me for a nismo 320km/h gauge + installation

EDIT: and has anyone done this?

Edited by CDA

you can get a wide range of products to enable 180km/h+ with out replacing the ecu, also you can get replacemet dials that go to 300-320, they start at about $100 and go up to about $800. plenty of info around just do a search.

i put 300km/h gauges in my 33, got them off the forum from AMEC for around $130 and installed them myself in an hour, too easy.

see the problem is, my car is rather rare, being 4-door and all... is a 2-door replacement dial gonna fit mine lol...

they are selling them on ebay to fit a gtt (performance wise) located it N.SW for $600,

i could think of alot better thing to spend $600 on though all you have to do is take the original cluster out an put the new one in/its that easy

Edited by SMOKE'M

how is a 4 door 34 considered rare? Non-turbo 4 doors are everywhere.

Your car is never going to see over 180km's so why bother wasting money on a mod to look cool? I suppose if your mentality towards your car is like that than i would also suggest installing a boost guage aswell :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, by the time you pay $100-$600 to get some guage replacements and then pay someone to put them in for you since you dont want to do it yourself (more $$$ for labour) you would have been better off saving some cash for a nice kit to make your car look nice.. Also i have seen people puts those aftermarket dials in and the speedo just ends up reading up shit creek and the el cheapo ones dont always fit as well as the seller tells you!

End of the day. Your choice man but by the response on here should hint what a waste it would be. Ch

Completely agree with this ..

then when someone in the know ( ie knows skylines back to front ) sees your 300 Km/Hr speedo you better be prepared to get your seats cleaned whilst they p1ss themselves laughing at you.

sorry to sound harsh mate.. but as pointed out early , I am sure there are better places to spend your money rather that making your car appear something its not ( ie capable of 300 km / hr )

dont take it personal its just my opinion ok?

Your car is never going to see over 180km's so why bother wasting money on a mod to look cool? I suppose if your mentality towards your car is like that than i would also suggest installing a boost guage aswell :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, by the time you pay $100-$600 to get some guage replacements and then pay someone to put them in for you since you dont want to do it yourself (more $$$ for labour) you would have been better off saving some cash for a nice kit to make your car look nice.. Also i have seen people puts those aftermarket dials in and the speedo just ends up reading up shit creek and the el cheapo ones dont always fit as well as the seller tells you!

End of the day. Your choice man but by the response on here should hint what a waste it would be. Ch

exactly....oh my cars faster cause it goes until 220km/h.......

ask them how many times they have hit that speed......

oh and i like the idea that the needle is pointing way past 180.......