SAU Community

Tuning Costs

Hey guys

I finally recieved my parts from nengun after a long time and I now have an exhaust fitted. I got trust front pipes, metal cat, Trust PE2 cat back, apexi panel filter and also an Greddy EBC. I am lookin to get it PFC tuned soon but should I get some adjustable cam gears at the same time?

Does it take much longer to tune with adjustable cam gears as in cost more money? I didnt actually want to spend too much more than what I have now but if the tuning cost with cam gears in comparison is not too much more than just tuning with pfc then i may get a set of cam gears as the gains on an rb26 are obvious. Last time i got a tune for just setting up my boost controller and PFC cost me about $650 at CRD. Would it cost much more to adjust camgears?

Any one with experience?

Hey guys

I finally recieved my parts from nengun after a long time and I now have an exhaust fitted. I got trust front pipes, metal cat, Trust PE2 cat back, apexi panel filter and also an Greddy EBC. I am lookin to get it PFC tuned soon but should I get some adjustable cam gears at the same time?

Does it take much longer to tune with adjustable cam gears as in cost more money? I didnt actually want to spend too much more than what I have now but if the tuning cost with cam gears in comparison is not too much more than just tuning with pfc then i may get a set of cam gears as the gains on an rb26 are obvious. Last time i got a tune for just setting up my boost controller and PFC cost me about $650 at CRD. Would it cost much more to adjust camgears?

Any one with experience?

Well my dyno time didn't even cost that much. But it depends on how easy/difficult your tune turns out to be. About $650 should be enough.

Cam gears will make the process take a bit longer than otherwise, maybe a couple hours at the outside. The degreeing adjustments need to be made then the car run up on the dyno to determine which is the most suited to you requirements. There are usually a few combinations to run through & it is a bit of a fiddle with the CAS in the way.

i got my cam gears and pfc tuned at the same time by geelong tune ups, cost me $500 and its the best money i ever spent. its better off to wait and have your cam gears adjusted at the same time.