SAU Community

R32 Gtr And Gtst

hey were the r32 gtr and gtst made in 1989?

im sure they were as i have seen some for sale

im asking because on the nsw p plater banned car list it only mentions r32 gtr and gtst are banned with the release date 1990

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downlo...hicles_list.pdf

does that mean that p platers can drive gtsts and gtrs made in 1989

maybe i should ask rta as well

n im sure even if this is a loophole cops are gonna give me shit for it

Edited by gach2

yes both cars were available in 1989

no, you can't drive either on your p's unless you had your p's before the rules were amended

this forum has covered this many times

you're stuck with naturally aspirated Nissans only until you have a full licence, sorry =[

Yeh they won't care much for build date as from 89-93 they're all pretty much the same (couple of little things on the newer ones)

I'm pretty sure that list has a note down the bottom saying it's not all inclusive and the RTA site definitely has a note about no high powered 6's no turbo's and no 8's (assuming u talking about the new laws)

it's pretty simple really

a car featuring a turbo or V8 engine will automatically be prohibited to you regardless of weather they got all the build dates/makes of car, right or not

there are no 'loop holes'

damn it was worth askin anyway

damn im finding it impossible to find a n/a r32 or r33 5 speed

der are barely any on the market and and the ones for sale are overpriced (12-15k)

Edited by gach2

may be easier for you just to start off with an n/a silvia for a few years

they are a lot more common in manual form, a lot cheaper- and you should be able to build up the driving skills required to get the most out of a turbo'd line by the time you get a full licence.

why would you want an unreliable sh#$box like an old Corolla, when you can have more street cred and better everything with a nice, reasonably cheap, fun, na silv?

my first car was a datsun 1600 (should have known better), and although it was good fun to slide, it cost a lot in maintenance

aus spec R31's are very cheap and ultra reliable too

im not buyin a shit box lol

already have a decent car

pintara trx on which ive spent a bit of money

just want sumthin a bit newer and stock (no mods except exhaust)

thought skylines would be a good choice but there hard to come by

probably just wait till i find one

oh yeh wit the turbo just wanted to see if there was a loophole

to be honest i got no plan on buying turbo car in future mayb a v8 celsior/ls400 but thats it

im not buyin a shit box lol

already have a decent car

pintara trx on which ive spent a bit of money

just want sumthin a bit newer and stock (no mods except exhaust)

thought skylines would be a good choice but there hard to come by

probably just wait till i find one

oh yeh wit the turbo just wanted to see if there was a loophole

to be honest i got no plan on buying turbo car in future mayb a v8 celsior/ls400 but thats it

my opinion, if u already got a good car and want a turbo car, wait til ur off your p's. i dont see the point of buying another car just until your off ur p's and then buying a turboed car. save your cash! trust me! im flat broke living in my mums garage cos i cant afford anything better. all my cash goes into my car! BE CAREFUL with your cash. dont end up in your parents garage! :ninja:

hahahahahah

i got an 89 gtr and im on my p's lol

too bad junior. no turbo for u lol

Hey, can't you still get dicked by these new laws? It's no turbo, V8 etc for the new P platers, but your GTR is over the old power to weight rules aren't they? If your GTR is over the power to weight ratio (old rules, but still apply) can't you still get the, 'lose 3 demerit points and a max fine of $1100'?