Adr Approved Braided Brake Hoses & Qfm Brake Pads

markk

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just put through the payment and looks like i may get em today before i leave for work coz im local! ...otherwise tomorrow morning. w00t! MINT!

Will reply back when i get em on and let others know how it is....

EDIT:

Was delivered to my work by 2PM three hours after payment!!!! ....pitty i finished 5min beforehands :wave:

For pads, BW don't have anything available for Brembo systems unfortunately. I was using the K750's with my standard GTR brakes, but since i put Brembo's on the car, I've had to settle for EBC's.

I've got QFM available for the Brembo, but I get them custom made so they're a bit more expensive though, looking at $150 for the HPX (I think you guys call it K500) and $175 for the A1RM (K750).

Still much better pads and value for money than anything else out there!

I've got QFM available for the Brembo, but I get them custom made so they're a bit more expensive though, looking at $150 for the HPX (I think you guys call it K500) and $175 for the A1RM (K750).

Still much better pads and value for money than anything else out there!

Yeah i think you can get them made up if you have a backing plate from another worn out pad.

I plan on doing the same thing when my EBC's run out.

If anyone is interested in getting pads custom made, I can always enquire with BrakeWest.

Cheers

Mark

Yeah i think you can get them made up if you have a backing plate from another worn out pad.

I plan on doing the same thing when my EBC's run out.

If anyone is interested in getting pads custom made, I can always enquire with BrakeWest.

Yep, inquire with Brake West and let us know. I was getting the backing plates by buying the cheapest pads available (in this case, Bendix GCT), and then stripping them and sending to QFM. If you've already got the backing plates it makes it a bit cheaper. Let us know what BW can do, or else, I'm fairly local to QFM, so might be able to be a few bucks cheaper as I save freight from Melb-Bris-Melb on the old backing plates...

Yep, inquire with Brake West and let us know. I was getting the backing plates by buying the cheapest pads available (in this case, Bendix GCT), and then stripping them and sending to QFM. If you've already got the backing plates it makes it a bit cheaper. Let us know what BW can do, or else, I'm fairly local to QFM, so might be able to be a few bucks cheaper as I save freight from Melb-Bris-Melb on the old backing plates...

I just got off the phone with BrakeWest. To send the backing plates to QFM, the plates need to be completely bare. A blowtorch can be used to clean them up.

Prices are:

K750 - $165 delivered

K500 - $140 delivered

Brakewest said they can't give a timeframe of how long it'll take to send the plates to QFM and back, so there are no guarantees there.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

Cheers

Mark

I just got off the phone with BrakeWest. To send the backing plates to QFM, the plates need to be completely bare. A blowtorch can be used to clean them up.

Prices are:

K750 - $165 delivered

K500 - $140 delivered

Nice...

Brakewest said they can't give a timeframe of how long it'll take to send the plates to QFM and back, so there are no guarantees there.

I've sent quite a bit of stuff to QFM lately to get custom done, and generally been no more than 3 weeks tops. Have been a couple of exceptions though. Because the high performance QFM stuff only gets done on weekends, outside their normal production schedule, they can't change the oven settings until they've got enough pads to make it worthwhile.

I know this is your group buy, so I won't push the point, but if you can get a few people together I should be able to match brake west's price on those Brembo pads, WITHOUT the need to exchange pads, and have your car off the road for up to a few weeks...

Nice...

I've sent quite a bit of stuff to QFM lately to get custom done, and generally been no more than 3 weeks tops. Have been a couple of exceptions though. Because the high performance QFM stuff only gets done on weekends, outside their normal production schedule, they can't change the oven settings until they've got enough pads to make it worthwhile.

I know this is your group buy, so I won't push the point, but if you can get a few people together I should be able to match brake west's price on those Brembo pads, WITHOUT the need to exchange pads, and have your car off the road for up to a few weeks...

I haven't asked BW yet, but I'm pretty sure that if we rounded up say, 5 - 10 people, they'd be able to do better again on price. That price is just for a one sale.

If anyone is interested in getting K750 custom Brembo pads, let me know so we can get some numbers up and get a better price.

9 pages is a bit too much to read through - i want to know what the effective temp range of the pads are and also their coefficient of friction (both types)

Thats why all the important info is on the first post...

K750:

Operating temp: 0 degrees celcius - 750 degrees celcius

Cold friction Co-efficient: 0.40

Hot friction Co-efficient: 0.48

K500:

Operating temp: 0 degrees celcius - 500 degrees celcius

Cold friction Co-efficient: 0.41

Hot friction Co-efficient: 0.42

not all that info is on the first post but that answers the question :)

Close enough :)

do you get papers with the lines that says its ADR approved, or is it stamped on that little grey insert the ADR approval numbers, or is it somewhere (something?) else?

Yeah you get the insert which says they are ADR approved