SAU Community

Sh#tty Paint Job

Nastazia

Hey Guys,

Around 3 months ago I trusted my car to a workshop in Maylands to paint and fit an aftermarket front bumper to my 33. Initially I was happy with the end result, however about a week ago while washing my car I noticed that the paint had chipped away all over the place, seriously must be the shittest paint job ever. Anyway, I had a look through all my receipts and can't find the one concerning this particular job. Never had this happen to me before. I'm pretty sure if I rock up there and tell them they did a shit job they'll just laugh at me.

What would you do?

If it was only 3 months ago, surely they will remember the car...

I'm sure if you go in there and bat your eyelids at them they will work something out for you. :laugh:

Failing that just never wash the front of your car again. :laugh:

Say you want a receipt reprinted for tax purposes? Ask them for a record.

and then...

noowwww about this paint job that you did x months ago...

haha :laugh: thats cheaky........and genius

this happened to me to down here in bunno. got told to f**k off by the guy. he didnt prep it well enough an the paint chipped off and small surface rust spots have shown up. now im gona do it proper myself

i used to do work at a bodyworks, post pics of the areas... is it just the clear comming of? being a bodyworks they should of used 2pac paint but iv heard that some will use acrylic, which is ok, but it could of had a reaction with undercoat, iv also heard of some places spraying directly over the gel coat which over time the paintwill come away from the bumper

it would be wise to go back and give them a piece of mind, my boss got a job done on his HZ GTS and it ended up going back 3 times!