SAU Community

Do All S2's Have White Guages?

rb26stagea

Cool, but at the end of the day, still much better looking than my black S1 guages, IMHO. So, it would appear that I want s@ guages, and if I've re4ad the other threads accurately, a S2 260RS will have no 'tree' for auto gers in it. Anyone know if the same holds true for all S2 manuals??

I just have this thing about having a manual guage cluster in a manual car....call me crazy...

Mine's a converted S1, and even though the central stack is still there, the "PRND2L" is gone - not sure if the previous owner removed/covered just that section, or if it's a new dash. I can take a picture if you want, Micah, but I'm guessing you get the idea.

yeah.... about the only S1 feature I like better than S2 is the headlights/grille.... I'll just keep on making it into a S2 little by little.... :P

First pic is a series 2 manual cluster from a "s" not 260rs but they are the same

Second pic is from a series 1 260rs with the auto slot in it still, that is how they come from autech.

Third pic is from a series 1 auto cluster, note the selector tree bulbs up the middle

Forth pic is of a series 2 auto cluster, note the different plug for the selection tree.

So there will be some wiring issues trying to fit the series 2 cluster in a series 1

Best thing in your car is to get of yahoo a set of white face dials to convert your cluster and you can also get a new fasica without the auto selection tree slot. Done

post-14923-1185413428_thumb.jpg

post-14923-1185413586_thumb.jpg

post-14923-1185413670_thumb.jpg

post-14923-1185413859_thumb.jpg

Mine are a light grey colour, not quite white.

The marks around the edges of the guages also light up orange when the headlights/dash lights are on, not sure if this is the same for s1?

IMO the stagea guage area (not the whole dash) looks quite cheap - just a very simple plastic mould. They could've done a lot better...

I do like the whole dash layout though. :rolleyes:

It's just I've noticed in the posted pictures: it would seem this is the case. Please advise, series 2 owners ...

Thanks

No not all series 2's came with white/silver gauges only the RS series did & that's why Nissan called them RS meters

The X & G series came with Black gauges..