SAU Community

Toyota's Answer To Nissan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha! break down! a toyota motor break down!!! haha that would be a laugh.

They do so.. We've had an 80series landcruiser 4.5ltr break down some years ago. The car had 60,000km's on the clock, towing a boat, a little heater hose bust under the inlet manifold within a few secs the car had overheated and left stranded.

It stuffed the head as it overheated. 4.5k later. :S

---

But yes. so what is Toyota's answer to Nissan's GTR? They have never had an answer. :thumbsup:

They do so.. We've had an 80series landcruiser 4.5ltr break down some years ago. The car had 60,000km's on the clock, towing a boat, a little heater hose bust under the inlet manifold within a few secs the car had overheated and left stranded.

---

But yes. so what is Toyota's answer to Nissan's GTR? They have never had an answer. ;)

Toyota is considered to be the most reliable car manufacturer in the world. They sell quality cars at affordable prices. For every Toyota that breaks down, 5 Nissans do.

Toyota is considered to be the most reliable car manufacturer in the world. They sell quality cars at affordable prices. For every Toyota that breaks down, 5 Nissans do.

Interesting... is there any real data to support that?

I always thought it was 5,00000000 to one in toyotas favour.

This thread has real ultimate power ; www.realultimatepower.net

I know.

I was being an ass pointing out that Toyota's break down too.

No offense to you...nor anyone else who uses this figure 206kw.

The figure was made up by manufacturers in Japan in the late 80's

and followed through to the late nineties.

They thought that a KW war would not help the development of the cars...(one thing Holden and Ford here

should have learned from)....and so it was a gentlemen agreement to agree that if any car exceeded 206kw

it would be rated at that.

Everyone knows a GTR KW out of the factory was more like 240KW's odd....

What pisses me off though is some EPA tests conducted use this figure...ie noise DB/REV

Back to the Topic.................................everyone by a gtr this way they grow in popularity

and like the supply and demand curve..(which I have always found it hard to understand)....

the prices will increase............and we will be rich......rich I say...hahahahahahahahah

yeah thats fine but im not arguing that point im sayin that u put a stock r34 gtt on the dyno and youll get what 160rwkw or there abouts where as the trd aurion will do more!

so u can go on about the gentlemens agreement but fact is u have to a base or start point of the arguement still look at the figures they dont lie 206kw at the engine is still 160rwkw.. that being said the aurion will still whoop its ass!

no matter which way u look at it it still doesnt change

cheers..

I was clearly comparing what claimed flywheel figures and dd dyno results show. Very little to do with your petty argument.

Stop being an arse, no need for your comment.

Your warn history shows you are argumentative lately. Whats up?

I was clearly comparing what claimed flywheel figures and dd dyno results show. Very little to do with your petty argument.

Stop being an arse, no need for your comment.

Your warn history shows you are argumentative lately. Whats up?

lol warn history i luv it this crap admins put on the website...

anyways i like to argue with facts plain and simple as that .now i was comparing the r34gtt to the trd aurion seems pretty fair too me..nissan vs toyota

u look at the spec and tell me what u think ...how about that ...?

ohh 1 more thing --- sick of people taking shit too ...hahaha but its a forum so ill put up with it and in exchange people put up with my crap!--- arguing

and i think beer baron has nothing else better to do except have double standards but some of the other admins have them as well..

cheers does that make my warn history go up...?....lol

Edited by infected flow

must be one of the unlucky extremely few.

Never heard of that. probably was becuase it was petrol. buying a petrol 4wd is like buying a mazda roadpacer. slow and horrendous on fuel.

if the heater hose broke, the temp guage would read hot (for a short period of time), so there was a level of warning. what warning is there that 2 out of three commodore v6 coilpacks fail at 38000km conveniantly out of holden's stupidly low 35,000km warranty? hahaha!

or when a v6 commodore is going to throw a rod?

there is a thread on toymods called 'ls1, the new 2j?" there is a lad there who works for a holden dealership who has rebuilt 75 ls1s. in a dealership, you don't see too many v8s, and for that many to need to have full rebuilds, it just goes to show the quality of the motors.

check out Rocco's performance's 2jz rx7 for toyota reliablity; 8 sec unopened 2jz na motor that has been turboed. yet to see any other na motor that can do that with bolt ons.

Its was definitely a freak break down. A heater hose letting go at 60 thou... Must of definitely been a flaw from manufacture.

The problem was it was a long trip so your cruising for hours on end; it only takes a minute or so of overheating at the alloy goes soft.

Manufactures really should incorporate a buzzer. :)

must be one of the unlucky extremely few.

Is "extremely few" one of those opposite slang phrases (like how "bad" was good back in the 80's) for "common enough to kick off a class action lawsuit" that I have yet to hear about?

For your information, a "class action lawsuit" is one where multiple plaintiffs combine their individual complaints into one single suit. That gives these several people the ability to combine resources, to bring stronger legal representation to their cause. Or, in the above case, owners of 3.5 million cars....which of course means that there might be people out there who didn't join in the suit. And that was for North America only.

Edited by scathing

But yes. so what is Toyota's answer to Nissan's GTR? They have never had an answer. :)

Their answer is to not get part-owned, and run, by a bunch of cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

This thread has real ultimate power ; www.realultimatepower.net

Hahahaaahaha, I've seen you post that real ultimate power rubbish before :) Bunch of nerds thinking they're ninjas of the orient hahaha idiots :)

This thread has turned into poop.

It was a vs thread to start with so it was inevitable anyway.

It needs shutting down.

That is all.