SAU Community

Paint Jobs: Carlisle Tafe

Nate

Anyone know anything about spray painting at Carlisle tafe? Quality wise i mean... not too picky.. but as long as the job is done even :( Going to ring them soon to get a price, heard they'd do it for the cost of paint... i wouldnt leave my car there on its own though! :burnout:

A mates aunty or something works there and organised for his dent to be fixed up

the job seemed to be v good, but I've found cheaper

As for the painting, he asked about that and I think it was going to work out to be $1,500 I think

It's a lil just over the cost of the paints he wanted

Eck, ill get the paint myself... they can spray it.. i wonder how hard it would be to get a good finish if the undercoating/prep was done good.. i have access to the tools to do it myself.. just need a big shed or something, and a mask so i dont get high doing it, or do i want to get high? :P j/k

Nate

I had a R30 that I rebuilt from the ground up a few years ago that I fitted with RB20DET and all R31 running gear.

I had the car done by carlisle tafe and they did a great job for $1100 at the time.

"i wouldnt leave my car there on its own though! ".... If that's the case take your sleeping bag with you 'cause they need the car for three weeks.

$1500ish for a good two pack paint job is a very good price nowadays as you only get what you pay for.

Sure you can get a "Jam Job" for $800 but it will be poorly prepared using cheap materials

Cheers

Originally posted by GTS-t VSPEC

Painting a GT wing? Eww :spew:

better than not matching the colour of your car! like SOMEONE's..

eww :spew:

hmmm.. might paint my sideskirts yellow for my car, whatya think paully ? :P

LOL

Originally posted by R34

Nate

I had a R30 that I rebuilt from the ground up a few years ago that I fitted with RB20DET and all R31 running gear.

I had the car done by carlisle tafe and they did a great job for $1100 at the time.

"i wouldnt leave my car there on its own though! ".... If that's the case take your sleeping bag with you 'cause they need the car for three weeks.

$1500ish for a good two pack paint job is a very good price nowadays as you only get what you pay for.

Sure you can get a "Jam Job" for $800 but it will be poorly prepared using cheap materials

Cheers

Wonder if i sanded it all myself.. gonna ring this guy at lunch time.

Originally posted by Nate

Wonder if i sanded it all myself.. gonna ring this guy at lunch time.

Will make no difference as fourth year apprentices are given a car for 3 weeks to do a full respray on so they can be marked on for their exam. For this reason they will only accept a "project" that is worthwhile and that needs all their skills to complete.You are charged for materials only not labour.

For this reason I doubt that they will accept bodykit jobs either

Cheers