SAU Community

Front Bar + Witches Hats = Bad?

Hey guys,

Just looking for a bit of input here. Ive got an advanced driving course coming up, and i can remember from my last one, there was a lot of running over cones. Now that was fine in the old 31, but the new arrival 32 sits a bit lower... Im a bit worried ill be driving home with a mangled front bar after the days out. Am i being over cautious?

Cheers in advance,

Nasha

harden the f**k up cupcake

also, why are u doing a 2nd advance driving course? and why the hell were u hitting so many cones in the first place?

i guess thats why ur doing it again

haaha

Just throw on your standard front bar if you don't already have it on. Go out have some fun and just throw your aftermarket bar back on. If you've only got a standard front bar, go out damage it and now you have an excuse to get an aftermarket one. :nyaanyaa:

Or just don't hit the cones in the first place.

if it is the stock plastic one it should be fine unless you are hitting them at 150km/h. if it is an aftermarket bar then you may want to change it. i took my fibreglass bar in a few motorkanas and it survived ok, but i didn't really hit any cones. what did damage it though was when i let a mates missus drive it and she went off the side of the skidpan and through some deep mud, but that only put a few inch long cracks in it..... but then i did add a heap more glass to it to make it stronger before i put it on. some of the cheap crappy ones out there i'm suprised don't crack just by driving down the highway at 100kmh.

Harden up? I dont have $700 to replace the bar if it breaks, its not original, and i dont have the original unfortunately.

Why a 2nd, because with John Bowe Driving School theres 3 stages of advanced driving, then the CAMS certification day!

Why hitting cones, because the last course had emergency braking and swerving in the wet from 80km/h, dont swerve enough, or too much or lockup the breaks and your likely to hit some cones too.

Clearly some attitude problems with people in this forum...

Perhaps have a chat to the instructors and ask if they could remove 1 or 2 cones.

I remember on my defensive driving course, they removed a couple of cones as we all expressed a fear of ruining our front bars

Take the front bar off and just leave it >_< I understand your concern because I certainly wouldnt have the money to replace a bar. Saying that... I couldnt see them doing much damage

I'd rather leave the bar on then take it off. When you take it off, you're letting the cooler (if you've got a front mounted one installed) get all the damaged. Just go out to a wrecker and pick up a stock bar. Better than spending $700 ( :P ) on a new one.

I'd rather leave the bar on then take it off. When you take it off, you're letting the cooler (if you've got a front mounted one installed) get all the damaged. Just go out to a wrecker and pick up a stock bar. Better than spending $700 ( :P ) on a new one.

i got a 31 so not too fused about hitting stuff.

but year have a look on the for sale parts there should be a few bars that you could buy cheep.

I hit a cone at about 90kphish. All it did was crack the paint a little bit. Nothing a quick coat of paint wont fix. Just get out there and have some fun. Maybe spend more time concentrating on the course, and less time worrying about what will happen "if" you hit cones and you may actually miss them :P

Have fun and good luck!!!

Remember, each cone you hit, is something like a dog/cat/person/telegraph pole.

It'll do more then chip the paint in real life... :(

Also, the skid pan day I did, I didn't see a SINGLE piece of damage to a car, even the onet hat dragged the cone under it at 80km/h for aorund 150metres...