SAU Community

New Purchase '98 R34 Gtt

Hi everyone,

Have just purchased a '98 R34 GTt and was interested in an comments or suggestions with regards to performance and cosmetic mods.

In the past have owned a 1979 Pontiac Trans-Am (6.6L) and BMW 535i so am also interested in peoples comments about the driving experience.

Thanks for your imput and looking foreword to being part of the clan.

post-41179-1186490670_thumb.jpgpost-41179-1186490435_thumb.jpg[a

tachment=112821:lg_ER34013494_2.jpg]post-41179-1186490457_thumb.jpg[atta

hment=112827:lg_ER34013494_7.jpg]

post-41179-1186490417_thumb.jpg

post-41179-1186490491_thumb.jpg

Car's looking great.

For performance, most usually go for the exhuast first and then maybe a front mount intercooler. After you boost it up maybe get a new set of coilovers.

That's a start I guess.

I'm in Melbourne and got it from Japcars in Fawkner, they only import Skylines. Has anyone else had experience with these guys?

Also, can anyone confirm if the standard immobiliser in the R34 meets Australian Standards for insurance?

Thanks for the feedback.

black colour is a lovely base to start with. nice pick up mate :D

first on my mods list, would be a change of rims to something a little less blingy, and a small drop in ride height.

I'm in Melbourne and got it from Japcars in Fawkner, they only import Skylines. Has anyone else had experience with these guys?

Also, can anyone confirm if the standard immobiliser in the R34 meets Australian Standards for insurance?

Thanks for the feedback.

Bought my car from them... Wouldnt go back for servicing or anything else..

The car is great.. But they are questionable

^^

As he has said, wouldnt take car there.. Nice car champ!

Cosmetic, i think they look good, dont touch it.

Performance as adam said, exhaust, cooler, boost, coilovers!

More power, better handling.

ANYONE that suggests Adam to do any mods to this nice STANDARD GTT

(Well the exhaust is already on here) will be EXTERMINATED! :P

You have been warned! LOL

ANYONE that suggests Adam to do any mods to this nice STANDARD GTT

(Well the exhaust is already on here) will be EXTERMINATED! :(

You have been warned! LOL

Thats true, ive got a pretty much sstock car as you can see, had it for a month exactly now and i dont want to do it up too much. I think the car looks great as it is.. The only thing would be some nice mags and maybe dumping it

I suppose I should mention that Adam's old man has wasted enough money on Skylines,

and hopefully he will prove to be smarter than me. :P

Nice car Adam. Keep it clean and tidy. Black is hard, having just sold a lovely black R33 but they are so nice. I'm even tempted to get the XR8 ute in black.

Greg you old bastard, come for a visit, and bring the AMG y'hear. Racing Thurs and need a pit crew and spare car :P

Thanks GTRgeoff. I agree that black is hard to keep clean, but at the end of the day its looks best in black and everyone else with a clean, different colour car wishes theirs was black. Hope you are upgrading the R33 to a R34 GTR.

Nice car.... But if you are going to do anything PLEASE get rid of them rims, anything would be better than them, but if you get some good ones you will improve the way it looks a million times over. Its black so its got massive potential!!

As for performance, as mentioned above, exhaust, boost controller, fr mount & Power FC