SAU Community

Lcct Track Day Symmonds Planes 26/08/07

sav man

Was a good day. I got down to a 1:01.9, the new tyres only dropped 1 sec off my best time (1:02.94), but i was conistently under it all day. The marshels on the hairpin talked to me at the end of the day, and said they couldn't believe how late i could brake (always nice to hear). The black hats on my DBA 5000 series are almost white now, so i must of given them a hard time.

Poor Paul had to go home early (R33 GT-R) cause his catch can blew oil all over the engine bay and windscreen. Apparently if you run a return to the sump, you have to put a 1 way valve in to stop the pressure in the sump blowing all the oil out.

Sav Man,

was that you in the black/dark grey R32 GTR?

Awesome! I didn't realise you were that quick! I remember timing you a while back and you were doing 7's I think. Good to see you improve by that much!

new turbos, brakes, and tyres will help with that :3some: , and better skillz helps too.

Sav Man,

was that you in the black/dark grey R32 GTR?

Yep that was me

311 rwkw, Porsche 6 pot monoblocks with racing pagit pads and sockers rears with hawk blue's.

I don't want to run my car in the TSS, and i use it heaps on the road, and don't have a cage. But i'm going to see if dad will let me use the Targa car (R33 GT-R), as that's got the cage, and better suspention....

new turbos, brakes, and tyres will help with that :P , and better skillz helps too.

Yep that was me

i think you picked up thoes skills from driving my car. bahahaha :laughing-smiley-014: your car is just so much easier.

you should try out the bilstines out of the front of my car. they are out of a gtr. made heaps of difference in my cars ride in the front. i now also have sone front king springs if you dont like the sound of pedders.

Was a good day. I got down to a 1:01.9, the new tyres only dropped 1 sec off my best time (1:02.94), but i was conistently under it all day. The marshels on the hairpin talked to me at the end of the day, and said they couldn't believe how late i could brake (always nice to hear). The black hats on my DBA 5000 series are almost white now, so i must of given them a hard time.

Poor Paul had to go home early (R33 GT-R) cause his catch can blew oil all over the engine bay and windscreen. Apparently if you run a return to the sump, you have to put a 1 way valve in to stop the pressure in the sump blowing all the oil out.

Congrats on the time Ben :(.

Big brakes + power at Symmons certainly works :P. Anymore super sprints or club days at Symmons before the end of the year? Wouldnt mind trying to blow up the SR down the back straight :nyaanyaa: wont die at Baskerville.

Brendan Spurr of BGS Fabrication did the cage, it's a full weld in. i guess the weight did hold it back a bit. the car is completly stripped out but i guess it's suprising how much steel goes into the cage.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a full bolt in steel cage and it weighs about 60kg. so it would slow you down a bit. ive thought about takin mine out just to see what the difference in lap times would be. just so you have an idea, my best time at symmons is 1.05.6 with a fairly stock car, apart from the the FMIC, 3'' exhuast, race tyres, and its debatable as to what it weighs as ive pull things out but it prob still weighs the standard weight with the cage, and 1.02.7 at baskerville.

those times should drop now i have a boost control, but its hard to say by how much. if i can knock a second off at each track ill be happy. particually at basky as it will put me right at the pointy end of the field.

Edited by johnGTS-t

Thats a pretty decent time. what kind of power are you running out of the RB20? and what kind of speeds are you getting down the back straight?

i dont know what power, havnet touched the motor, its standard with about 160,000 on the clock. with the mods i have i would assume its upped the power a bit from standard.

top speed down the striaght is about 200kph (almost 180 on the top straight) and 180 at basky. i should stop looking at the speed really, im starting to scare myself LOL.

ive fitted braided brake hoses expecting the brake pedal to be firmer but its softer than it was. dont know whats going on there.