SAU Community

Import work in Hobart

Mr. En One

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice. how expensive are they? worth the drive down to get things done? haven't had great success with the workshops in launnie.

from my experience his prices are very reasonable. He replaced my timing chain for about $250 less than anyone else would do it for. Daves a top bloke too.

*I don't drive an import but from what I've seen he knows his stuff :D

If you guys have heard of chris tanner, you will know that he also does top work. I can't remember where he works though. He owns the blue hilux with the high power 2jz in it. It is going to be in the november issue of zoom.

Howell Auto are good too as is autocraft but Gritthis auto. and chris tanner are the best with imports.

Chris tanner comes in to my work a bit for turbo hose etc, he seems to do alot with conversions and modifications.

Dave Griffiths does anything really, just did my cam belt and water pump, but knows a bit about imports, you should see the 600+ BHP R31 he has at his workshop, I think it's for sale.

• 4 weeks later...
If you guys have heard of chris tanner, you will know that he also does top work.  I can't remember where he works though.  He owns the blue hilux with the high power 2jz in it.  It is going to be in the november issue of zoom.  

Howell Auto are good too as is autocraft but Gritthis auto. and chris tanner are the best with imports.

I get chris tunner phone's num from some one....i asked for GTST 3inches mild steel dump and front pipe...$550....is quite expensive...and i ask him quote a FMIC kit made by himself...he told me around $2000.....i think is expensive...am i right?

Theres a shop "pro automotive" just opposite griffith auto...is this shop good as well?? Any skyliners in Hobart here?which shop you all go to usual? I'm looking for a shop that can help me get a fuel pump filter and help me exchange it with the stock 1 (i read some DIY thread in this website..but without pics..not very understand...)...and think bout up boost...and alarm system as well....

• 2 weeks later...

A mate with an S13 went into Dave Griffith the other day and asked him to quote him a price to install an Apexi RSM, Turbo Timer and an alarm system and he said he didnt want to do it.

***Edit by Slaz***

Sorry guys, forum rules state that businesses can't be be publicly badmouthed. If you want to know what happened in these incidents, please feel free to PM tas_180 for further information.

Thanks guys.

I have found Dave to be nothing but helpful...Go figure.

SAME! hes a nice guy, and he knows his stuff and doesnt mind chatting about stuff to help out, he even gave me advice on something I was going to buy from another shop and fit myself, there was nothing in it for him but he didnt mind helping me out.

He is normally only working with one other guy so he may not always have the time to chat to everyone, unlike some other businesses that have service advisors that are there just to talk. He does do alot of work and is always busy.

I've never heard anything bad about him, unlike alot of other businesses around hobart, including big Prestige workshops. thAt friends and family have had work done at.

I dont like slagging businesses off but youd be suprised at what some of the stuff ive heard of happening /go wrong at certain PROfessional AUTOmotive businesses.

also I should add that not all mechanics do electronic accessory installs. Just because he didnt want to do it doesnt mean hes work is bad, some mechanics like doing mechanical work you know.

There are places that are dedicated to electronic accessory installs, like auto electricians for example.... :headspin: Go to Autobarn/city motors, there prices are fantasic :mad: :slap:

Some other parts of my post were also edited which included other friends experiences.

I admit that everyone has their bad days, but there is a professional way to deal with situations like these. At the end of the day if you take your car to a workshop and you are happy with their work, who cares what other people say. Its YOUR personal experiences that matter to you.