SAU Community

Import work in Hobart

Mr. En One

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fair enough tas180.  Is there anyone else who can compliance a r32 under the 15yr rule.  I only know of Gritthis, so if they are rude then i can go else where.

You don't need to get "compliance" on ANY 15yo vehicle, you only need a road worthy and your import documents. If you run into service tas about 4:55pm on a friday arvo I reckon you'd even be able to just reg it from your import docs :) Haven't tried that yet however...

Nah you can't do that. If a car has never been registered in Australia before(well under the 15 year rule) the only way to do so is to get a engineers certificate to show that the car meets Australian Design Rules. An r32 will only meet these standards if you convert the drivers mirror from convex to flat, Install a child restraint (for the baby seat) in the parcell shelf, install new seatbelts and replace the tyres if they are worn too much. Once it meets these standards it will be issued with an adr plate and a certificate provide to take to transport.

Hope this helps others and sorry to hyjack.

I only know of Gritthis, so if they are rude then i can go else where.

Griffo's definitely not rude, has helped me out heaps and saved my bacon a few times when I was doing my engine conversion.

Chris Tanner's custom work for any exhaust/intercooler + piping/plenum/catch can etc etc etc is also unbelievably good. Any work you need done he is your man - TOP QUALITY work at an excellent price.

Griffo's definitely not rude, has helped me out heaps and saved my bacon a few times when I was doing my engine conversion.

Chris Tanner's custom work for any exhaust/intercooler + piping/plenum/catch can etc etc etc is also unbelievably good. Any work you need done he is your man - TOP QUALITY work at an excellent price.

Was that your VL at the Shannons car show? If so it was very nice!

Will be down in Hobart on the 29th to get my Power FC tuned at Griffths Auto, spoke to him up here durning Rally Tas and Targa when he was looking after a R33 GTR, seems to know his stuff & was very friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
Will be down in Hobart on the 29th to get my Power FC tuned at Griffths Auto, spoke to him up here durning Rally Tas and Targa when he was looking after a R33 GTR, seems to know his stuff & was very friendly.

Well had the datto's Power FC tuned yesterday by Dave on Po Automoive's dyno (great setup in an insullated room). Dave was fantastic and I learned heaps! Had a best run of 192 rwkw @ about 5900rpm & 14psi. Not to much of a gain at the top end (need that Optimax!!) but between 3000 & 5400 rpm the power curve fatted up by 20rwkw or more. On std boost it's even improoved fuel ecomomy to between 10 to 11 ltrs per 100km, it was 12 to 13 ltrs per 100km's with the std ecu. I thoroughly recommend him!

Nice work, I got a new intercooler coming soon, might have to get a tune down there when I get it on, atm I'm using 50 Litres for 200 kms, hahaha, shocking I know....

Sh*t! 200k's on 50ltrs scary, yeah, I reckon a good tune will fix that. What sort of cooler are you getting? Dave gave me some good idea's on what to try on the datto for some more poke. So it's time for some R & D.

Paul, you are gonna need a decent 'tunable computer' like what wogboy got, remember the Mines isn't programmable, best they will be able to do is adjust the timing and boost i guess.. an O2 sensor wouldn't hurt either buddy!

Griffiths Auto is highly recommended, I took my HR30 there with a stuffed alternator, Dave was originally going to put a new one in, but when he found out the cost, he got mine reco'd and saved me $$$, has also been very helpful when my turbo shat itself....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting some work done on my R32 at JDS Auto Imports. They are sourcing seat belts for my car so it will pass a roadworthy and transport inpsection. Good guys to talk to if your importing a vehicle yourself and need some work to get it one the road...