SAU Community

Bnr32 Gtr Pricing Help

Shrub32

Hey guys

Im just after some info on what i shall do with my car, its up for sale at the mo,

now ive been offered 16k without my 34gtr rims and another buyer for the rims alone at 2k so all up 18k for the car out of my hands.

is this a good offer? my car is insured for 25k but the market is dead atm, i have a mate in the car sales industry who has talked to an auction place, i might give them a try.

any thoughts muchly appreciated.

ps my next skyline shall be a 34 gt t but thats a fair way down the track yet and some sweat talking to the missus later hehe

car sales advert

Hey Shrub,

It is a personal thing as you have to be happy with the money you are getting for the car with what you have put into it.

If it was me i wouldn't be selling it for less than $18000 unless you really need to get rid of it.

I know ouch hehe, i am considering it, but i think i might give the auctions a go and if nothing happens there will have to take the offer i guess as i need to sell.

Edited by Shrub32

I know ouch hehe, i am considering it, but i think i might give the auctions a go and if nothing happens there will have to take the offer i guess as i need to sell.

Well for my 10 cents worth I would decontent the car.

What the hell does that mean?

Simply find some ok rims & put them on your GT-R. Then advertise it for say, $20k. Sell the Gt-R rims seperately for $2k.

You should get much more interest at a lower price.

There again sometimes it is just easier to take the pain & get on with life....

i see what you mean DJr81 but im having trouble selling the car with the 34 gtr rims on at 21, so i think if i put a lesser wheel on there i wont be getting much at all for it,

the guy who will pay 16 is happy that i put a set of z32 stockies on there eeeek!

This perplexes me

Brads car is really nice, and deffinately a resaonable asking price.

What i find odd is i see 32 GTSt's selling regularly for 10-15k so why are people so hesitant on getting a GTR?

Either way brand dont worry my mate is having trouble selling his EVO 7 atm and he is asking $30k!

I feel sorry for both of ya's.... The market just really isn't there at the moment!

dont sell, your dragging the price of the legend down, make them punks earn it just like we had to. how am i gonna get anything for mine when i eventually sell up with people giving them away at these crazy prices. ;)

nah do what you gota do, depends on the condition of it and how long your willing to wait to see it.

i guess on the plus side i was thinking of keeping mine for the long haul so i might need to buy a second 1 for spares

I would seriously consider $18k mate, Is an extra $1000-$1500 really worth the car sitting there for another 2 months while people come and kick the tyres...

Ryan

can't agree more

assume it will takes you another 2 months to sell

you are losing $200 interest (interest rate of 6.x%)

$120 for rego

maybe another $200 for insurance

I think it all depends on your reason for selling. If you need to sell for economic reasons, consider that you will probably pay $800 for rego and $1000 for insurance every year that it sits there. This works out to be$150 every month that it sits in your driveway and with the market making the car devalue , best to sell as you can.

I had a R33gstt s"2 and decided to put that up for $28,000 . My first offer was $25,000 which I said no to because that was the first time advertised and it sat around for another 12 months only for me to sell for $21,500 (ouch).

If you dont nead to sell though , dont . ENJOY . My thoughts are that these car cant go to low in value because when you look at the price for parts, they are worth their money just wrecking them.

If you have to sell though, GOOD LUCK ;)

mate off topic i kno i kno!

but have u owned any other skylines?

thats cool adam,

yeah i have owned a 92 r32gts t auto got it converted to a manual and sold it for 13k about 4 years ago then the guy i sold it to wrote it off! :D

cheers for the replies guys

i think i might hold out abit longer and if no luck will consider the auctions, but not sure id get my reserve there either!

max and ryan you are right i dont think its worth waiting tooo long though just to get an extra 2k so i will be seriously considering the 18k sale.

Insurance values and market values are different things.

The price does seem a little on the low side, but I've always been of the opinion, "sell cheap - sell fast". I've seen too many people knock back an offer in the first couple of weeks, only to have to take LESS many months later. Not just with cars either, houses too. Ususlly all because someone told them they could get more, without REALLY knowing.

i jus sold my 32gtr 2 weeks ago for $18250, insured for $23k.. i would say its best for you to sell now its a tough market, maybe try bump up the sale price of your car just a tad and shud be fine! as everyone just said keeping it will just cost you more in the long run

i sold my car for less then my purchase price and excluding all the work done to it :)