SAU Community

Who Has Done Diy Fiberglass Repair?

Hotwire

As the title suggests, is there anyone in Adelaide how has done a DIY fix on their front bar? The other night I took out one of the mount points on my front bar on a rather shocking driveway. I had a laps in concentration, forgot to take it on the angle and heard crunch! :)

Now, one of the front mounting points has been broken clean off so will need what I think may be some fairly serious glassing... Has anyone done it that would like to give me a hand? Live south, and 6 pack would be gladly supplied to someone with experience willing to show me how/help me out.

Cheers

Lee

(PS still dont know how i'll even get the front bar off!! LOL)

yeah thats easily fixed all ya need is a firbre glass repair kit i think they're like 40-50 dollars from good hardware stores... its pretty easy to do your self if ya just follow the instructions on the kit.... once its all hardened all ya have to do is sand it back and paint it..

i also live south so might be able to lend ya a hand if needed

Well I'll be giving it a shot to fix in the next couple of weeks.

My intention is to glass it up myself, and then possibly get crash shop to touch up re-spray.

OR does anyone know where you can get pressure packs made up (in QM1 white)??

I can fix it for you if you want, and repaint the front bar for around $300ish. all top quality work and refinished with 2pack paint, i can take off. pick up and deliver bumper. let me know if you are interested, thanks

Chris...

CTR Custom Panel

I may call for your assistance with a similar issue! $300ish sounds like a reasonable deal to me! What sort of time frame would you need? I use my car as a daily and wouldn't really want to drive around front barless for too long or if at all!

could do a 3- 4 day turn around. because it takes about a day for the fibreglass to properly harden, and once primed the 2pack primer should be left for atleast 24hrs to properly harden as well and i'll do it on a weekend aswell if it's your daily, if that would suit you more, i'm pretty flexible with my working hours, i'm a qualifed panel beater, and i have a an excellent qualifed spray painter that does my colour matching and painting. I have time availble to put jobs in my workshop straight away as of tomorrow. thanks for your interest

Chris...

CTR Custom Panel

• 8 years later...

G'day guys saw this thread is quite old but still relevant. I need some advise on what to fill the cracks with from the front? do i use the fibreglass glue? do i use some bog? or a combination of the two i.e fill it in as much as i can with the fibreglass resin then bog over the top? just seems to me that if i just pack bog into it they will lose a lot of the structural integrity and a slight bump and she will be busted again. Your advice is muchly appreciated thank you
Regards Nick

• 2 weeks later...