SAU Community

R34 Coupe Steal Attempt Just 30/09/07

danieltangtc

Hi Guys,

Just thought I better let you guys know!

My 34 was parked in the gouger street (china town) multi story car park just 2 nights ago.

Went down for dinner with my gf and housemate.

Guess what? WHen I returned to my car, I found my door handle surround damaged. Some tool had tried to shove a screwdriver or similar in between my door and handle surround! Damaged my bloody door and rubber surround!

I believe this was the exact same manner how the previous 2 33s in adel (one of them belonging to Deluxe...I think) were damaged.

Lucky the bloody crook was so amateurish, he couldnt even get in....and if he did, my pager alarm will send me coming over with a golf club.

None the least, it pisses me off! Right in a multistory public car park!

You guys take care of your rides....lets not give these c**t faces a chance!

Dan

Yeh your right, Mine was done like this! However i think the guy that did mine must have had a few practise shots on others, My rubber surround was still relativly in tack! Which is good, nothing to replace!!

Sorry to hear fella, I know what its like........

Edited by Deluxe

Yeh your right, Mine was done like this! However i think the guy that did mine must have had a few practise shots on others, My rubber surround was still relativly in tack! Which is good, nothing to replace!!

Thanks Deluxe,

Im scared to leave my car out of sight these days. May be we should hide in the boot and spring these morons...haha

maybe follow them whilst in the boot to their 'secret location' and call for backup!

Btw, is there a release button in the boot if you're locked in.

I know some older nissans have them?

Edited by danieltangtc

Thanks Deluxe,

Im scared to leave my car out of sight these days. May be we should hide in the boot and spring these morons...haha

maybe follow them whilst in the boot to their 'secret location' and call for backup!

Btw, is there a release button in the boot if you're locked in.

I know some older nissans have them?

Yeah u can get out if the tension cable leading to the lock to the driver side boot release is actually accessible. Done it a few times when I owned a drop seat XF falcon. Those things rule for chuckin a sleeping bag and pillow in the bag. Almost as good as a sandman panelvan

Dunno if the skylines have the cable lines hidden in the bodywork or if its just ran inside the top section of the boot lid...

-D

yeah I would never leave my R34 parked in any carpark unless it as absolutely unavoidable - you can't trust anyone these days!

Sorry to hear mate.

FYI my S15 cost $350 to fully repair and respray when I had the same thing done a couple of years ago.

yeah I would never leave my R34 parked in any carpark unless it as absolutely unavoidable - you can't trust anyone these days!

Sorry to hear mate.

FYI my S15 cost $350 to fully repair and respray when I had the same thing done a couple of years ago.

$350??? Hmmm...I was expecting it to cost a bit more. Also, I rang a round for a few wreckers asking for the door handle and surround. No one wants to sell it to me!!!!! wth!

They are not willing to seperate...they want me to buy the whole new door!!!???!!!!

Any advice guys? I dun want the door. Also, another guy said that if the rubber piece was available, they would sell it for $65. Are these correct? Or is anyone wrecking a r34 drivers door and is willing to split the door up?

Cheers

Dan

$350??? Hmmm...I was expecting it to cost a bit more. Also, I rang a round for a few wreckers asking for the door handle and surround. No one wants to sell it to me!!!!! wth!

They are not willing to seperate...they want me to buy the whole new door!!!???!!!!

Any advice guys? I dun want the door. Also, another guy said that if the rubber piece was available, they would sell it for $65. Are these correct? Or is anyone wrecking a r34 drivers door and is willing to split the door up?

Cheers

Dan

Depends on Skill vs Laziness vs Availability vs Attitude...

Can be cheap, but if u know what ur doing and are willing to do the work. Can be expensive if theyre not in stock and u come to the supplier like a noob. Tis a damn good thing ur doing ur research here, cos u need to know a figure for all sorts of bits there, aside from labour. I wouldnt know where to start tbh...

Just go there as prepared as u can be, from where im sitting ur asking in the right place. Maybe asking some peeps who are used to dealing with skylines like Road & Track, Boostworx, tillbroks or Graham West... they'd have a better idea than me, thats for sure.

Hope this helps

-D

That's fked up.. you'd think that carparks are at least somewhat secure, that's why you use them instead of parking in some dodgy backstreet. Sorry to hear mate.. hope one of us catches these thieving pricks one day.

sometimes i wonder if its better to just leave the car open, that way they can get in without damaging anything and the alarm will still go off as soon as they open the car giving you time to catch them in the act (dont forget the 9 iron) ;)

But then again they can damage the ignition barrel by the time you get there, so probably no good, hmm, dont mind me, just thinkin out loud here.

I park mine in a carpark everyday...doubt anyone would want to steal a non-turbo tho. Still, this shit is not on and something needs to be done. Razor blades under door handles....just dont forget their there yourself...

I park mine in a carpark everyday...doubt anyone would want to steal a non-turbo tho. Still, this shit is not on and something needs to be done. Razor blades under door handles....just dont forget their there yourself...

For some reason that reminded me of this commercial in robocop 2....

Dude breaks into a car... sits in the drivers seat....then gets surrounded arond the wrists and chest by metal strips. Dude is then electrocuted. Owner comes up, opens door, corpse falls out (still smoking) and the voiceover says "Because some times you need peace of mind" as the guy drives off. Lol.

-D

looks like the bugger practiced on mine!

n it was in my driveway :thumbsup:

but i got a small hole, and the plastic is broken.

Cheers

Dan

My 33 GT-R was broken into the same way; screwdriver in behind the handle. Main damage was to the handle unit itself. Ignition barrell was ripped out too and bottom half of steering column shroud was cracked. Only reason they didn't get the car was coz of the immobilizer. I went to Adelaide Jap and picked up:

• door handle $65
  • ignition barell (no key) $135
  • shroud $35

Recoding of the ignition barrell to suit my key was $40 by a locksmith. In the end it turned out a bit cheaper than I expected. All i had to do was a few coats of paint on the new handle... sweeeet. Wouldn't mind gettin some of those pizo screamers for the inside tho :thumbsup: