SAU Community

G-sensor

Terminal

Just for your info, the series 2 does not have the sensor in the same spot as the series 1. I did not have to relocate it for the manual conversion.

There are a few cars getting wrecked on the forum, so it should not be too hard to find a cheap one.

Yeah there is an airbag one in the same area with lots of warning signs on it and yellow wiring running out of it. G-sensor would need to be facing in the "factory direction" so that it can tell if the rear of the car is stepping out, not sure what signal it would be getting if it was sitting sideways?

yeah turning it 90o is not good for it, the lateral and longitudinal g sensors are seperate and it will think you are turning when you are accelerating etc.

Of course it might make the attessa perform better (per the autospeed article years ago) but i doubt it relates to the xfer case dying.

Nick good spot for the sensor I might move mine there....mine is further back between the handbrake and the console bin but it is a very poor fit

hey guys i may be wrong but every g sensor i have seen in cars under the concole is for the air bags. as i have replaced alot under warranty on new cars . but i may be wrong just putting the thought out there incase it helps.
Yeah there is an airbag one in the same area with lots of warning signs on it and yellow wiring running out of it. G-sensor would need to be facing in the "factory direction" so that it can tell if the rear of the car is stepping out, not sure what signal it would be getting if it was sitting sideways?

As far as I can remember, the airbag one is the one right at the back in the last of those pics I posted. I'm not sure if it's a g-sensor or just the triggering device, or maybe both are in the same unit.

Here's another pic of it:

Stageabits015.jpg

Yeah lousy torx bolts, had to buy a socket to install the handbrake.

I don't do too much rally driving, so hopefully the G-sensor doesn't take too much of a beating from my turning it 90 degrees. I will endeavour to turn it back now that I understand its purpose better. I'm driving my car full of gear with a trailer to Bathurst tomorrow, so I'll be taking it nice and easy. It's a very easy way to lower your car by loading it with about 500kg of stuff.

When I get to Bathurst I'll turn it around for the homeward journey.

• 3 years later...
  • 10 years later...
On 10/5/2007 at 11:39 PM, Terminal said:

Yeah lousy torx bolts, had to buy a socket to install the handbrake.

I don't do too much rally driving, so hopefully the G-sensor doesn't take too much of a beating from my turning it 90 degrees. I will endeavour to turn it back now that I understand its purpose better. I'm driving my car full of gear with a trailer to Bathurst tomorrow, so I'll be taking it nice and easy. It's a very easy way to lower your car by loading it with about 500kg of stuff.

When I get to Bathurst I'll turn it around for the homeward journey.

Did turning g-sensor to factory position help?