SAU Community

Am I Missing Something?

Modena

Yeah, it seems that Japans sites tend to call it the 07/08 GTR because that's when it will be released in Japan, but American sites tend to call it the 09 GTR because that's when the americans are expecting it.

AFAIK, there is no 2007 model, they will be released tomorrow, but all the deliveries this year will be a 2008 model or MY2008's.

The USA will get theirs mid next year and we will see them early 2009. So the model is a 2008 GTR. The magazines are jst getting confused over all the info that was released last week unexpectantly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• migrating/updating forums is a c@nt of a job, so I don't envy him lol!
    • Just commenting to attach Greg's picture in the forums. I'm surprised it's still available on imgur considering how long it has been. Free imagehosting like that gives me anxiety.  
    • Thanks for this, exactly what i needed to know   - sent from the future
    • Maybe Josh could and should look at that UniClutch thingo too. The street twin one would take the power he's talking about easily. Light action and no noise.
    • Man, clutch feel is so subjective. I moved to the Nismo Twin from a heavy single plate NPC Heavy Duty Organic and it is sooo much better to drive in everyday traffic. A heavy clutch pedal is the worst here. The Nismo is light enough I don't even think about it. But with the heavy clutch in traffic I was aware of every time I had to push the pedal. In terms of being grabby I would describe it like this: - A normal clutch has ~10cm of clutch pedal travel between initial bite point and clutch fully gripping - With the Nismo twin plate it's ~4cm of clutch pedal travel for the same From what I understand that's normal for multi-plate clutches. Maybe the Nismo is more forgiving than others, don't know. It's not punishing but you have to get used to it. My driving is 80% city and no issues there. Smooth to take off and change gears. Hill starts are mostly fine. It is a bit of a pain for reversing on an incline. I find it hard to get the right amount of clutch slip for that and always end up feeling like I'm burning it too much. But, you may have a very different experience based on your body type and footwear. With heavy boots or shoes it's likely going to be pretty shit. Just because the clutch is light and the boots don't give enough feel to let the clutch pedal out with precision. Might be similar if you are a big guy or have motor control issues. But able-bodied and driving with decent shoes it feels great. You don't mention noise at all. It does chatter at idle RPM when it gets warm. Nothing that is out of place in a GTR though IMO.