SAU Community

Touch Up Paint Need

webng

Spoke to a large Nissan dealer in Adelaide and they said they don't and couldn't get the paint. Which dealer did you get yours from? Might have to get 1 sent.

Hmm I tried Nissan and got told the same as this. He said they absolutely, definitely and unequivocally couldn't get QT1, because it was a special paint (pearl, metallic etc) that wouldn't come out of a container. Great. Can anybody recommend another Nissan place anywhere else in Australia that I can get QT1 touch-up from?

why dont you just go to a panelbeater/spraypainter and get them to match it up and sell you a small bottle for touchups, i had stonechips & the usual r/view mirror rust repaired & got some leftovers

goodluck.

Hmm I tried Nissan and got told the same as this. He said they absolutely, definitely and unequivocally couldn't get QT1, because it was a special paint (pearl, metallic etc) that wouldn't come out of a container. Great. Can anybody recommend another Nissan place anywhere else in Australia that I can get QT1 touch-up from?

QT1 is a 3 layer pearl. Which basically means theres a white base coat then 3 layers of pearl, Which cannot be replicated in a single bottle. The best you can do is get a white which is the closest then use that. As long as the touch ups are small, you may not notice from a distance.

Problem with 3P is, its quite difficult for even the good painters to match/blend.

I'm so glad I got Silver....

QT1 is a 3 layer pearl. Which basically means theres a white base coat then 3 layers of pearl, Which cannot be replicated in a single bottle. The best you can do is get a white which is the closest then use that. As long as the touch ups are small, you may not notice from a distance.

Problem with 3P is, its quite difficult for even the good painters to match/blend.

I'm so glad I got Silver....

Yeah I sooo wanted to get silver, but now that I have seen the pearl white/sfhc, i'd rate it as good 'in the metal'. But silver is still my favourite. Just rare as duck fangs with Dayz kit & prime edition...

I've rung a good auto paint place in Adelaide and they told me the same thing; can't do it in a can, no way no how. But if it was serious paint work it could be done professionally. I have actually found that Nissan Arctic White (for example, '84 Bluebird) appears to be a damn close match; I have a can and will try it out on the small stuff and see how it turns out.

• 8 months later...

hi guys, i would like to know if anyone has the paint code for the interior trim, ie, vent and stereo suround? mine is a metalic gun metal grey of some sort. before i take it to get matched, i thought id ask here :D when i finish the sub boxes and other parts, i will be finishing them in this colour. any help would be great.

Autobarn should have an equivalent. They supplied me with a BP9 Dark Blue Pearl, which is a 2 coat system from factory...it was a perfect match.

As with most of the spray pack colours they supply though, it must be sprayed to get the hue/colour match, you can't just daub it on as the metal flake and pigments will not allign correctly and give a mismatch.