SAU Community

Insurnace On R33 Gts-t

i am looking to buy an r33 gts-t but i need a price for insurnace i am 18 had my p's for like 6 months has any one got full comp on there r33 gts-t and would they mine telling me who they are with and how much and your age

hahaha, I just called everywhere for a quote today....im in the exact situation as u, im 18, got my P's 2 months ago, and want to insure a r33 series 2 gts non turbo...only Just Car and Famous would insure it, any other companies wouldnt even touch it, and funny thing is, both companies want $2893 for full comp....third party was $397 and third party with fire+thief was $647....so i decided to go with third party fire+thief......

anyway, what state r u in?...u sure u can drive a turbo when ur on ur P's?

Just get 3rd party fire and theft, that way your covered if you run up the arse of a Mercedes or your car gets stolen.

At that price per year for full comp plus the crazy excess they charge, you could fix your car privately for cheaper.

Melbourne has had the no turbo or V8s for p-platers since last year havent they :X

Edited by Baconer

i am 19 and second year p's... i own a r33 gtst.

i am insured (full comp) with just car for about 1600

excess in about 2000

damn you!

when i was 19 and 2nd year of ps it was $2363! im from nsw, but nowhere near sydney. how gay.

and the excess was standard + vehicle $1500 and then theres an age excess something like $2000. so its really like a $3500 excess!

waste of money in hindsight, im 11 months in, and got nothing to show for it.

If you're driving a R33 GTSt and you're on your P's, you're still gonna get rapped by the police when you get pulled over. You could lose 3 demerit points and get a max fine of $1100. It doesn't matter if you've got your licence before 1st of July 07, R33 GTSt's are over the power to weight ratio.

Keep in mind that the insurance company might agree to cover you, but once you crash and make a claim, they'll just reject it and say that you were driving an illegal car, they don't have to pay out.

If you're driving a R33 GTSt and you're on your P's, you're still gonna get rapped by the police when you get pulled over. You could lose 3 demerit points and get a max fine of $1100. It doesn't matter if you've got your licence before 1st of July 07, R33 GTSt's are over the power to weight ratio.

Keep in mind that the insurance company might agree to cover you, but once you crash and make a claim, they'll just reject it and say that you were driving an illegal car, they don't have to pay out.

wow.....thats exactly what my parent said to me...thats why i ended up getting a gts....

but yea...$2900 for full comp per yr is just a joke...thats like 1/4 of my car lol

so im just gonna get 3rd party+fire+theft for 650 and hope i wont hit anyone.....

How about before posting another insurance thread, you use the search function. there is a sticky thread up the top on general section. and this has been discussed many times.

Also - there is no point asking what everyone else pays. Everyone is a different risk, therefore everyones premiums etc are different.

lock thread please mods :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...

Just cars

N/A R33 4 door = Started at $1100 forst year now down to $849 thrid year in

Turbo would only have made a 50 - $80 difference (increase obviously!!!) so said the insurance dude quoting me!!

I was 22 at the begining of my R33 4 door experience and nobody else wanted to know about imported cars, they were like "skyline???......................is that japanese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

EMZ

If you're in Melbourne and you got your license prior to July 2007, you are not allowed to drive a 'high-powered vehicle'. To determine if your car is a 'high-powered vehicle', use the allowed power-to-weight ratio.

125kw / 1000kg.

So if you are driving a stock gross weight R33 GTS-T, the power-to-weight ratio would be about 135kw / 1000kg, exceeding the limit. However, you must also consider other weight; passengers, fuel, etc.

But either way, most cops aren't going to know. With insurance companies? As long as you have the money, they're happy.

If you're in Melbourne and you got your license prior to July 2007, you are not allowed to drive a 'high-powered vehicle'. To determine if your car is a 'high-powered vehicle', use the allowed power-to-weight ratio.

125kw / 1000kg.

So if you are driving a stock gross weight R33 GTS-T, the power-to-weight ratio would be about 135kw / 1000kg, exceeding the limit. However, you must also consider other weight; passengers, fuel, etc.

But either way, most cops aren't going to know. With insurance companies? As long as you have the money, they're happy.

But when the time comes for you to claim something, they'll reject you and be even more happy!

hahahahahahahahhaha

And because you were driving illegally, you will be reamed with no claim pay out regardless at fault or not :D