SAU Community

English Sticker Kit To Replace Jap Writing On Buttons?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool.. even if they ae shit, for $16 who really cares?

i've emailed them my address and will letyou know whenthe soarer set arrives and i'll take some pics

hopefully they will make them and put them for sale on eBay thus saving me the hassle of having to organise distributing them all..

Button colour won't matter, as the stickers are text only, everything else is clear see through.

Hmmm, wouldn't you see the Jap writing as well then ???

Check out the ones on ebay above, they are black.

If they do not match the colour of your buttons closely, they may look a bit poxy....

Awesome, thanks mate. Will be waiting!

ok i've uploaded two pictures of how it turned out, but let me first explain..

the soarer buttons arrived via express post and the seller has kindly given me this set to have a look at myself and see the quality

i lined up the buttons and my first impressions were

- the buttons are the set specifically for the soarer so as their buttons are all smaller, there were none that were of a size big enough to cover an entire button so i couldn't really get a full idea of it

- the colour of the sticker was a gloss jet black, but the buttons we have aren't as strong in colour, more of a dark-grey-ish matt black

so i cleaned the buttons and stuck on one of them to see how it looks

note: this requires a set of tweasers to line up peroperly.. i did not line it up properly because i was in a rush. i also did not stick it down fully because i had intended on removing it immediately after and didn't want to it to leave residue

the pictures show how it looks

my impressions:

- you can see the colour is a little darker

- you can also see that its the wrong size. i believe that if it were the correct size it would look much better you wouldn't even see the edges

- you can also see that i haven't stuck it down proerly and that it is on an angle

- i think it looks good if it were able to be made in a matt finish

so what does everyone think for $16 a set?

i have measured out buttons and will give him the correct sizes...

should i tell him:

a) go ahead

b) go ahead, but make the buttons a different colour

c) go ahead but make the stickers a "matt" finish like the stock buttons

d) don't bother we don't like them..

personally i think option "c" but i'll wait for a couple of opinions before i tell him exactly what we want

cheers,

Warren

post-2094-1195016879_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1195016901_thumb.jpg

in case anyone wants to know, i will also give him the following information:

top row sizes:

22mm horizontal

18mm vertical

words: NAV / SPLIT / VIEW / INFO / MAP / MENU

bottom row sizes:

20mm horizontal

11mm vertical

words: IMAGE / TV / ZOOM IN / ZOOM OUT / BACK

Yeah,

If they could match the colour to the stock buttons it would make it much better.

Could you get him to make them to size?

If not size, i'd be happy to try a set if they were correct colour in matt finish.

Cheers

he will make them to our sizes, its just that the set he sent was a set for the soarer whichhas much smaller buttons

he has yet to make any for us, and was waiting on the outcome of this to determine if we wanted to go ahead, then he would cut them to the correct sizes and put the correct words on for us

as far as the colour goes, i feel that if they were in a matt finish the colour would be right, i think its just the gloss that looks funny

he will make them to our sizes, its just that the set he sent was a set for the soarer whichhas much smaller buttons

he has yet to make any for us, and was waiting on the outcome of this to determine if we wanted to go ahead, then he would cut them to the correct sizes and put the correct words on for us

as far as the colour goes, i feel that if they were in a matt finish the colour would be right, i think its just the gloss that looks funny

Yeah well i'm in.

Once he has made them. Will he place them on ebay so we can buy them off him direct to save you distributing them?