SAU Community

English Sticker Kit To Replace Jap Writing On Buttons?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stickers are ready!

i have attached a pic of the produced stickers as sent to me form Dave (the guy who had them made for us).

i have not been able to do a second test of the stickers as i am going away on holidays next week and won't get them in time to do a test.

but.. the guy has 10 sets and it looks like he will put them up on eBay when he can. i will post a link to the eBay page when its up.

they look good in the photos and he has changed the finish to matte and the colour to match our buttons :)

I have a black interior, I'll take one set of stickers - How much will they cost?

(apologies if I missed a thread that detailed the cost)

Merry Christmas,

Vic

• 2 weeks later...

just to update and remind everyone

this is NOT a group buy, you cannot order these sets from me. i am helping the guy who makes them with the design, he will be selling them from eBay when they are done

i recieved the latest test batch, and installed them.

the sizes are still a little bit short on some buttons and the colour is not 100% perfect, but a final set is being made to get these little points right.

i have attached photo's of how the last batch looks.

i would expect a couple of weeks and they will be ready to go and for sale on eBay. i will post the link when its available.

just a reminder to all those who did not read the whole thread but are posting that they want to buy a set

1) the sets are being developed, will be a couple of weeks to get the colour/finish/sizing perfect

2) when they are ready i will send YOU a PM telling you

3) i will send and post up a link to the eBay page where they will be sold from

thanks,

Warren

post-2094-1199584080_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1199584088_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1199584099_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1199584107_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1199584115_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1199584125_thumb.jpg

i forgot to mention.. the bottom buttons will most likely be the same size as the top buttons and will have to be trimmed to fit so that they are not too small.

also you can see that the buttons are too grey now, will be changed to black with a matte finish

i also posted a pic with the lights on to show that light does come through

if this guy is in perth why doesnt someone from perth go to meet him and give him the shape of the buttons exactly.. and then he can sell them as a perfect overlay.

i dont have a v35 otherwise i would have already volunteered

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok i recieved an email today from the guy, and they are ready for sale.

now as i mentioned they are not all the right size, but can be trimmed with scissors to fit perfectly.

on the issue of colour, apparently the only way to get them to be durable and UV protecting is to have them the gloss colour, which is what has been done by the guy. i think it looks better than the matte finish which looked more like a dark grey than black.

they are $18 + $1 postage and available on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/V35-SKYLINE-ENGLISH...1QQcmdZViewItem

can i iterate that i have nothing to do with their sale or distribution i am essentially a middle man that is facilitating the seller to get the information to make these. he has mad ethem and is selling them himself.

anyone that wants a set feel free to log onto eBay and purchase or ask the seller any questions if they need any further information

cheers,

Warren

• 1 month later...