SAU Community

My Headlights Aren't Rwc?.....

Charles89

i took my r33 to a mechanic yesterday, and he told me that my headlights arent rwc...its not because they r foggy, they r crystal clear. its because when i put on high beam, low beam goes out... wtf...

did any1 have the same problem?.. coz i asked a few of my friends, all their 33's does that and their cars are all registered....

and also my seat belts arent rwc either...because apparently, they dont have little tags on them... has anyone gotten away with that?

Edited by Charles89

thats how the headlights come from factory. you have to mod them yourself if you want the lows and highs to be on at the same time. the dude doesnt know what he's on about. every r33 out there should have the same thing unless the owner has modded them AFTER rwc. maybe try a mechanic that knows imports

as for your headlights being foggy, hit them up with a bit of polish/scratch x. should come up looking new and stay that way for acouple months

Sounds like the car wasnt complied correctly to me there dude.

Good on the mechanic i say, sounds like he is doing what VicRoads pay him to do/

The seatbelts MUST have tags, this proves they meet ADR Standards... which at the end of the day are going to save your life.

Lights - i believe this also is done as part of compliance and is a ADR requirement as the high beams dont light the immediate area around the front of the car that the low beams are required to do

thats how the headlights come from factory. you have to mod them yourself if you want the lows and highs to be on at the same time. the dude doesnt know what he's on about. every r33 out there should have the same thing unless the owner has modded them AFTER rwc. maybe try a mechanic that knows imports

as for your headlights being foggy, hit them up with a bit of polish/scratch x. should come up looking new and stay that way for acouple months

yea...so now im thinking of going to another mechanic to get my rwc...

Mate i had the same thing happen to me when i got the car engineered..

Its an easy fix... i'lll find u a link and send it to u tonight...

how much does it cost?...and does it really matter that much?

so if i do get a rwc with the car i got now, do u think vicroads will check the lights or seatbelts themselves?..

Ok i originally had my skyline set up with the flicking of the lights from low to high as your currently have.

The issues regarding the lights is actually a compliance issue, i think hes being strict but also legit.

To fix the lights is fairly easy if you follow the bellow instructions:

Instructions

That is the link and instructions that i used to solve this issue with my car..

Should only take u about an hour or 2 and its a fairly cheap fix.. tell u one thing ur lights will be bright as once you complete this as well..

but is it really THAT important tho?....

Drive at night in the hills/poorly lit area and you'll see why.

Again, its a compliance thing that was not done.

I would be taking the car back to the place of purchase (if you just got it) or reporting whoever complied the car as they have clearly done a dodgy job.

Also word of advise with VicRoads going over some 8000 cars in a recall for compliance checks of very recent times, your best to fix it. :D

Drive at night in the hills/poorly lit area and you'll see why.

Again, its a compliance thing that was not done.

I would be taking the car back to the place of purchase (if you just got it) or reporting whoever complied the car as they have clearly done a dodgy job.

Also word of advise with VicRoads going over some 8000 cars in a recall for compliance checks of very recent times, your best to fix it. :D

Ash is right about this..

When they re engineered my car the things that he had to change which should have been done at compliance was astounding...

Its amazing how much stuff got passed a few years back...

Hope you get it sorted.

okay this is weird my mate has an r33 my mates missus has an r33 I have an r33 and I kno of a few other people with them and none of our low beams stay on when high beams go on...weird huh?? Is this actually a roadworthy issue or a compliancing issue?? as in if I've been through compliance already im not gonna get pulled over by mr. plod and get a canary am I??

my car has all the other shit done set belt tags dimmer swith and what not but never heard of this as an issue.