SAU Community

Stroker Kits

hey everyone i got an rb25det and i wanna order a rb26dett stroker kit for it i have been told there a direct fit item but im very unsure of the block has neone had much experience with the 25 block and to wat power there capable of taking im aiming for around 550 580 atw the stroker kit is the 2770cc kit 1 mm overbore

Edited by skylinekid

Are you talking killowatts? What on earth are you going to do with 580kw @ the wheels??

"Drag Me" runs a RB25 at around 520kw @ wheels with nitrous if i remember correctly and im pretty sure it still runs a standard block (obviously with extremely strong internals) with just some extra oil squitters. So with that stroker kit and a massive turbo and a engine worked to an inch of it's life.....yeah its possible. Hope you can afford to sell both of your kidneys and maybe a friends kidney.

Once again.....what on earth are you going to do with 580kw??

Tomei 2.8 litre stroker.

Same kit for both RB25 and Rb26 motors

77.7 mm stroke

119.5 mm rods

either 86.5/87/87/5 mm pistons with either non cooling or cooling channel pistons.

Tomei 2.8 litre stroker.

Same kit for both RB25 and Rb26 motors

77.7 mm stroke

119.5 mm rods

either 86.5/87/87/5 mm pistons with either non cooling or cooling channel pistons.

I've never been able to find out the true use of the cooling channel pistons?

Well In my car, R33 GTR with the Tomei stroker kit with NON cooling channel pistons running GT-RS's at 1.6 bar and ive never had a problem. It was built by another member off this forum who happens to be a very close mate of mine. So unless you looking for over what the RS's can produce power wise I cant see you needing them. The car to date has run a 11.2 @ 130 MPH so it aint no slug!

Well In my car, R33 GTR with the Tomei stroker kit with NON cooling channel pistons running GT-RS's at 1.6 bar and ive never had a problem.

Is this used for race work? like longer circuit work?

Is this used for race work? like longer circuit work?

It's primarily a street car but i did take it to wakefield once. Ran without any problems at all, even after 25 laps @ 1.6 Bar and oil temps reaching 120 degrees.

Motor has been built with 2 thou clearences.

if you want that much power (im going to assume its hp) go for a local 3 litre bottom end. shit load more toqure for every day driving, probly cheaper to build than a tomei kit, and more reliable IMO than an RB26 (25/26 whatever you wanna call it)

yeh its hp not kilowatts. 3lt bottom end with 25 head i wont do bcuz there is alot of mucking around that i would have to do with manifold to intercooler pipe heights and exhaust height cuz the 30 block is slighty taller well it sat higher in my mates gtr when he had a 3026 with a t51r. plus the fact of im lazy and dont wanna do ne other work then wats needed lol. and cheaper not where i live buddy, there is one machine shop and one engine builder and hes mainly based on v8's he abit of a dick to he doesnt like to set-up rb25 heads bcuz they take to much time boo hoo if ya gettin payed wat does it matter lol.... and i also want to be able to rev my car to 8500 and not have to worry my arse off about the bottom flying apart the tomei kit is a very strong combo from wat ive seen from certain cars like top rpm which revs to 9000....

Edited by skylinekid