SAU Community

Getting Picked On By The Police...

rubzy

i don't really understand y so many of you guys and girls always talk about getting picked on by cops. fair enuf they might look in your direction when you drive past them cos your driving an import car but are you giving them a reason to pull you over? i've had my car for about four years and fair enuf it's only a gtst but i've only been pulled over by a cop that was originally heading in the other direction until i drove past cos one of my headlights wasn't working at the time. got it all sorted out but apart from that, nothing really. wat do you guys have on your cars that attract them so much? how loud are your cars? do you drive them knowing that they are too loud? i sort of guess that maybe the cops don't pick on me as much cos i've stilll got my stock rims on but so what, i've got the turbo back exhaust, front mount and pod filter so it's not the exactly quiet. also this pussy footing around when cop cars are near you, what? you can't drive your car normally? cops will only generally pull you over if you've given them reason to. :D

ahh... i fell a bit better now. :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was driving down south road, 5kmh under the speed limit as there was a large truck infront of me. and i was driving normally not flooring it etc. the entire way.

a cop changed over 2 lanes with no indacator to pull me over.

did me for incorrect tyre placard (non turbo one on a turbo one) sent me to regency.

all this tacking place as a commo wagon flew past us doing 100+ in a 60 zone, i looked up at him and his words "what, you want me to jump in my car and chase him?" err isnt that your job?

some people just get unlucky, i get done because i have p plates in my window.

btw, you prob just jinxed yourself :D

P Plate = Please pull me over if driving an import

LOL

Saying that i have never been pulled over.... im not on P's but if you just stick with the flow and not be a dick trying to drag everyone, or if you stay away from Glenelg and the City during weekends you should be ok.....

does having your car that low actually benefit your ride that much though? having coilovers still has your car at the correct ride height doesn't it? i only changed to lowered springs recently to get a bit better handling but i'm selling my car otherwise i woulda gone the coilovers. does having your exhaust that loud benefit on your performance that much aswell? i think not having a cat does help performance but its regulations and you can still get reasonable performance having one, can't you? ppl just talk about it like it happens all the time thats all, r they saying they are driving silly all the time too?

i was driving down south road, 5kmh under the speed limit as there was a large truck infront of me. and i was driving normally not flooring it etc. the entire way.

did me for incorrect tyre placard (non turbo one on a turbo one) sent me to regency.

all this tacking place as a commo wagon flew past us doing 100+ in a 60 zone, i looked up at him and his words "what, you want me to jump in my car and chase him?" err isnt that your job?

+1 for the p plate comment. the colour of your car would also come into play

The R32's.. Mine sits at 365mm front and around 370mm rear. The legal lowered limit is no lower than 360mm.

So if I were to lower mine even slightly its defectable. Cops know this, so they see a lowered car and its instantly defectable.

Lowering a car makes it handle better?? You shouldn't be pushing the car any where near the limits of the stock suspension otherwise your hooning. :D

100km/h with stock suspension I had no issues swerving to miss an animal on the road, car held solid and composed, realistically what more do you need.

The above is in the view of their eyes. Realistically I do prefer a 'better' more solid feeling car for brisk hills driving, but thats hooning.

i'm guessing that's your car in you profile pic thing so it kinda sticks out like dogs balls wouldn't you agree? if something like that happens you need to remember to take down the cops badge number cos he's just proven to you that he's not doing his job properly isn't he. what you were doing wasn't endangering someone's life, the wagon could have hit someone crossing the road or another car so yes he should of jumped in his car! you gota know how to talk to the cop without being too much of a smart aleck about it that's all.

P Plate = Please pull me over if driving an import

LOL

Saying that i have never been pulled over.... im not on P's but if you just stick with the flow and not be a dick trying to drag everyone, or if you stay away from Glenelg and the City during weekends you should be ok.....

that's another thing, just cos you gota an import car doesn't mean you should need to stay away from the bay or the city on any day of the week. if your one of the idiots that cruises through the bay or city so ppl can hear your blow off valve sound off then your kinda asking for it aren't you?!

you get picked on for driving an import plain and simple....

I am 31 years old, drive a stock looking 32 GTR with a set of wheels, haven't been done for any traffic offences in the last five years and was recently pulled over by cops who chased me down even though I was the only car on the street and driving quietly along at the speed limit.

They then proceeded to quiz me about what I did for work and checked my licence and went over the car only to let me go and I still have no idea why I was pulled over.

All you have to do is sit down at glenelg and watch those assholes pull over every import that comes down jetty rd and let all the smoke belching shitboxes go past.

The R32's.. Mine sits at 365mm front and around 370mm rear. The legal lowered limit is no lower than 360mm.

So if I were to lower mine even slightly its defectable. Cops know this, so they see a lowered car and its instantly defectable.

Lowering a car makes it handle better?? You shouldn't be pushing the car any where near the limits of the stock suspension otherwise your hooning. :D

100km/h with stock suspension I had no issues swerving to miss an animal on the road, car held solid and composed, realistically what more do you need.

The above is in the view of their eyes. Realistically I do prefer a 'better' more solid feeling car for brisk hills driving, but thats hooning.

hang on a minute mate, i'm not talking about hooning. am i a hoon because i can take a corner just that little bit faster cos i've got less body roll now? i haven't personally driven a 32 so i wouldn't know, the only 32 i've been in was a GTR and it was set up for track so it handled like it was on rails.

well i have never been done for anything so far *touch wood*...not trying to jinx myself...but i think that rubzy is correct..if you drive like a dickhead then yeah you are asking for trouble....on the other hand if you just drive normally and safely then you give the cops no reason to pull you over...safe driving fellas

you get picked on for driving an import plain and simple....

I am 31 years old, drive a stock looking 32 GTR with a set of wheels, haven't been done for any traffic offences in the last five years and was recently pulled over by cops who chased me down even though I was the only car on the street and driving quietly along at the speed limit.

They then proceeded to quiz me about what I did for work and checked my licence and went over the car only to let me go and I still have no idea why I was pulled over.

All you have to do is sit down at glenelg and watch those assholes pull over every import that comes down jetty rd and let all the smoke belching shitboxes go past.

yeah and you wanna know y they pull over the imports? because of the reason i said before, idiots that go down to the bay to boot along jetty road or sound off there blow off valves. because it has been done so many times in the past it has wrecked it for the rest of us. i'm not saying i'm completeley innocent though, i've been done for speeding a few times but that is all in my past, i sped more in my previous cars than i have in my r33. i agree with you about the shitboxes too, if only we could have RWC's here like victoria do, maybe we could get them off the street (just an idea)

am i a hoon because i can take a corner just that little bit faster cos i've got less body roll now?

In the eyes of the law Yes. Anything faster than 'normal' is considered hooning regardless of body roll.

Accelerating off at the lights at anything faster than 'normal' because the 3ltr has plenty of low down torque and no lag is unnecessary acceleration and considered hooning.

Have a look at the hoon guidelines that were posted up here on sau a while back and you will see exactly what I mean.

whereabouts are the hoon guidelines or should i just google it? i thought they say you can't make your car 25% more powerful than stock...just what i heard

I think we all agree that if you do something stupid you deserve to get done....

As I said before there was no justification for me getting pulled over... it was PURELY coz I drove an import.

your right hostile, sometimes cops don't have anything better to do. don't know if you knew but they also got a kinda quota they need to get sometimes too. fair enuf a lot of ppl don't need to be slowed up cos we r always busy these days just because we drive an import but they are just doing there job. there are a lot of idiot cops out there aswell that wreck it for the better ones unfortunately but it can't be helped unless when you come across one of these cops thats authority has gone to his head needs to be reported and kicked out or bring him back to earth else he's gonna keep acting this way.

i got pulled over yesterday in the city (around midday).... officer wanted to have a look at my car because he thought they were cool and wanted to buy one

how many falcodore drivers have that happen to them? (to their 13 year old cars? more to the point)

Edited by Fishpaste~