Hail The Size Of f**king Rocks

lingeringsoul

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we had tenis balls out minchinbury way, these are half melted.

i had my car under the carport but still had to put blankets over it cause it was going side ways and allover the place

post-34159-1197185475_thumb.jpg

Ninemsn

Hail 'bigger than golf balls' hits Sydney

Sunday Dec 9 18:00 AEDT

0912_hail_lg_9.jpg

Hail stones "bigger than golf balls" pummelled parts of western Sydney this afternoon

as a wild storm battered the city, injuring at least 30 people.

The Bureau of Meteorology issued a severe weather warning for the metropolitan and

central coast areas of NSW at 3pm, warning of flash flooding, very heavy rainfall and large hail stones.

The storm hit about 3.30pm, bringing with it winds of 20-25 knots.

In the Roty Hill culdesac safety manager Frank Micallef calls home, five car windscreens were "smashed" as

hail stones up to 8cm in diameter fell non-stop for more than 20 minutes.

"My car has got more hits on it than Elvis," Mr Micallef told ninemsn this afternoon.

"[The hail storm] was so loud, my wife and I couldn’t hear the TV. We couldn’t even talk to each other."

"It was just terrible," he said.

Thunder and heavy rain preceded the hail storm.

"It went really dark," Mr Micallef said. "As quick as it came, was as quick as it went."

At least 30 people were treated by ambulance officers for cuts and bruising, a spokesperson for the service said.

Ambulances rushed to Kemps Creek in the city's west after the storm tore apart a Kitchen Tea Party. Four of the guests

were taken to hospital.

At Glenhaven, in Sydney's west, trees were blown over, smashing into cars.

Gerald Wan, a 58-year-old fund manager from Cherrywood in the city's north-west,

said the hail stones were "bigger than golf balls".

"When the stones hit the ground they bounced off in every direction like bullets."

"It was pretty painful when they hit you."

Mr Wan said it hailed non-stop for about 20 minutes.

"It was pretty frightening."

Commerce student Rachael Ong, who also lives in western Sydney, said the hail started off pretty small

"and then these massive chunks started coming down".

"We could hear these massive thumps on the roof."

Ms Ong said she and her family were scared for the car. "We only just made it inside before it started hailing."

The bureau said hail up to 8cm in diameter was reported in Sydney, where north-east winds reached 20-25 knots.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=333937

Edited by ChrisCross

Blacktown got nailed. Every single car at my cousin's workshop got hammered...'07 BMW 320, '07 Evo 9, '05 Pajero, '04 Forester show car, R33 GTR etc etc. Only the beemer had current insurance. I'm off to inspect the damage...

Damm i was lucky sore the storm coming when i was at palm beach and got outta there and made it home to epping just in time to park the car in the garage... but the storm by the time it got here was not much. Mainly rain the hail pretty much exploded as soon as it hit something and was pretty small not like ones pictured previously.

Blacktown got nailed. Every single car at my cousin's workshop got hammered...'07 BMW 320, '07 Evo 9, '05 Pajero, '04 Forester show car, R33 GTR etc etc. Only the beemer had current insurance. I'm off to inspect the damage...

Feel sorry for the owners of the other cars, but how can own such cars without current insurance always gets me.

Tennis ball sized hail here...

I got smacked in the mouth by one while trying to cover my car...Felt like I got punched in the face. f**king thing came at me sideways.

I have dents on my roof and passenger quarter.

Oh, and a swollen bottom lip.

as much as that is some bad luck. milk came out my nose when i read that. When i walked out of work in epping and looked up i got hit in the eye. . . . but it was only small

Damm i was lucky sore the storm coming when i was at palm beach and got outta there and made it home to epping just in time to park the car in the garage... but the storm by the time it got here was not much. Mainly rain the hail pretty much exploded as soon as it hit something and was pretty small not like ones pictured previously.

Yeah i was on midson rd when it hit and i'm so glad i went to work today. All of the rest of the families cars got owned