SAU Community

R35 For Bathurst 12hr

R32zilla

I would give anything to see nissan running around bathurst in the big race lapping all the shitbox's again...

Ahhhhhhh I will be there thats for sure... might be the biggest turn out Bathurst will ever see... probly wont be big enough for the numbers that would turn up for this... ohhh and there could be brawls....

Probly a bad idea when you think about it.

yeah sav man they also rulled out the RX7's, 350Z, S2000, FPV GT's, HSV GTS so i can't see a more powerful car like the GTR getting entry. especially when its 25K over the price cut.

i'm hearing some very faint rumors around the powder room of a R35 coming late next year for the state & national Marque sports category. At the moment its still a friend of a friend ect no names mentioned as of yet

Does anyone know what's going on about the 12 hr people (what ever that production class is called), and the GTP (the one that follows the V8's round) merging? They were talking about it when the V8 were down here at Symmonds. Might be more chance if they lean more towards GTP, isn't that capped at $150,000?

that won't be happening for another year at least the usual politics got in the way which is a shame. Not quite up to speed on the GTP regs on the price ect. How much is an E36 M3? as they have been running for the last few years

The Bathurst 12 hour will continue to struggle for good grid sizes in the next few years. Its now up around the 10K mark to enter + running/ preparation costs which will scare away the smaller self funded teams

"One of the problems with Australian motorsport is a lack of a showcase for this type of vehicle [GT-R]. The organisers of V8 Supercars wouldn’t let us race in 1993 and I can guarantee they’re not going to let us race in 2008. It’s not a taxi as you know."

Fight Fight Fight Fight

forget the 12hr race - throw the GTR in against the V8 'supercars'[LOL]. that has to be one of the most overrated, over publicised, extraneous and boring series around. When did you last see a production falcon or commodore roll off the production line with a 302 windsor or 307 chev?

Gee - either a Ford or Holden will win...

looking forward to the GTR kicking arse in all categories it is entered into :)

The last decent GT production car race I remember was a 3 hour enduro on the bathurst Saturday... was a long time ago. Don't remember it well but I remember the viper had to retire because shagged brakes, it was fast but too heavy for bathurst. The lambo/porshe/ferrari front of the field cars were passing suzuki swifts down conrod at 100km/hr+ higher speeds. One of the driver quoted "its dangerous, its like they are going the other way".

I was at the first Clipsal500 around the same era and tehy had a 2 hour night race on the Saturday night, the RX7's won due to modifed fuel tanks as the cars were built for the 24 race.

GTP has been going down hill ever since, anyone remember the staggered starts of recent years, WTF.

“One of the problems with Australian motorsport is a lack of a showcase for this type of vehicle [GT-R]. The organisers of V8 Supercars wouldn’t let us race in 1993 and I can guarantee they’re not going to let us race in 2008. It’s not a taxi as you know.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA @ taxi comment!

“It was only beaten by the [touring car] organiser basically reacting to the mob,” says Booth, referring to the infamous 1992 Bathurst 1000 podium outburst by victorious GT-R driver Jim Richards.

Richards responded to booing Holden and Ford fans by calling them “a pack of arseholes”.

AHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHA its true they are!

hope it goes in the le mans 24 hour, will give the gtr some well deseved respect all over the world

won't happen!!!

the current ACO rules don't allow turbo or 4wd cars. so unless someone feels they can race it as a N/A RWD 3.8L V6 you won't see it race there

GTR won't do Bathurst 12 hours. It doesn't meet a number of 3E regs including under 120k and available in full volume in Aus (SEVS cars no longer allowed) and nissan not importing GTR yet. And no way would it be welcomed by the other manufacturers that the series is trying to protect (v8 falcons, evos, wrxs etc). Even the spec C WRXs were banned.

GTP sprint and endurance races have been merged for next year - GT Production cars are goooone and GT Performance regs have become the new production car regs. NSW is picking up the new regs too, a lot more freedoms than before

New 3E regs are here:

http://www.cams.com.au/bulletins/B07-109%2...s%20Revised.pdf

But I'm sure it will be welcomed with open arms in Nations Cup or whatever its called now - and that will suit Nissan beating porkers and lambos all day.

In further good news for nissan I am available to drive the r35 for them as long as it doesn't clash with NSW state rounds. Also I am free in April for Targa and my phone is on.

But I'm sure it will be welcomed with open arms in Nations Cup or whatever its called now - and that will suit Nissan beating porkers and lambos all day.

you would think so but at the end of 08 they will be going to full FIA regs, so again no turbo or 4wd cars.

the state and national Marque sports would LOVE to have a car like this in the grids........ well i want to see one on our grids anyway LOL