SAU Community

Free Show N Shine

BDC70T

If an on street show and shine is to be organised would ppl come, support and show off there pride and joy?

I'm thinking an on street show and shine... somewhere discreet (less boy in blue attention), not just SAU ppl, anyone who loves there car is invited, even if your car has to be towed there to avoid being defected, n if we can spread the word and give everyone enough notice (say maybe four months from now?), we might be able to get our own minature autosalon happening (except this is better, cuz no crazy entry fee)...

Just opening the topic to get feedback and see if this is would get enough support to make it worth organising...

Any suggestions/ideas?

What do you have in mind??

Can you give us some details on where you were thinking of hosting this event? (The hardest part is finding a willing venue)

Would there be prizes involved?

Are you inviting any companys to set up stalls?

It's alot to think about and these shows can be quite costly to set up and advertise and you need a bit of man power to help out on the day..

I would really like to see NSW have more shows that can have a import section!! :thumbsup:

p6 pffft

theres a park venue massive open grass area where the gap is, i parked there on the weekend watching the sydney to horbart, a perfect place to have a show ans shine but youll have to find out who to talk to.

Hi, i know im pretty new here, but an idea like this would work really well.. .

as everyone wants to go autosalon.. no one likes the entry fee

i think this will be a great idea and would love to be a part/ and join in on this event.

Edited by R`Style

Yeh ths is alot to thnk about and its still in planning stage, but if everyone can make the extra effort, this will work!

This is going to be unfunded, so prizes i'm not sure yet, would be cool though!

I'm asking a couple of workshops if they wanna bring their projects/promo stuff, but will get more definate answers when venue and date confirmed... but this is an open invite so any workshop or companies wanting to do that are free to do so under their own responsibily...

Like i said, this is not sponsored so for the first time i'll see how we go by word of mouth, so if you visit other car sites/forums/chatrooms/friends, just SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Date and venue is still being researched.. the park at the gap sounds great, but i think if the council sees a whole bunch of cars on their turf without permit they won't be happy... I really think it should be kept away from public areas to avoid unwanted attention, i'm hoping for something a lil Daikoku futo style, ANY IDEAS? Are You happy with P6 or want something different? I pesonally think somethin more discreet would be better, but just don't know where?... Whats everyones preferance to day or night? Any other suggetions?

So far the response to this has been really positive!!!!!!

And hopefully be able to get some definate dates up ASAP!!

id say the airport cause the car park is huge and could probably get some good pics, but there would be an entry fee.... price of parking which is pretty over priced. other wise olympic park is pretty decent (i dun know where this P6 is) or wollongong light house, parking isnt huge but there is a fair bit of room down there. Right next to the beach too so pictures would be good.

Once we know where and when ill let the Supra forums know about it and ill ask the local sound shop if they are interested. hit me up with more details and ill start spreading the word

imho p6 will attract unwanted visitors, happens every single time, and i dont think its the best place for something like this as ull have a whole lot more bystanders parking there aswell, as for the park near the gap, u can or i can make a few phone calls if u like and see where its at, wen i parked there at the park on the weekend it cost me $10, ses organised it. but i dont think neone would mind paying the $10 if we can get our hands on this place. plus given that its organised and what not, and private property, no one can touch us, ill make a call or 2 just to see how it works.

P6 you would need aproval from SOPA (Sydney Olympic Park Authority) as theres no way they'd let anyone park there for a day without getting money, or blocking off the car park.

Any land you want to go to, you will need approval!

We went through a shitload of hard work to get the SAU NSW SnS off the ground! alot of hard work but we got there in the end!

P6 you would need aproval from SOPA (Sydney Olympic Park Authority) as theres no way they'd let anyone park there for a day without getting money, or blocking off the car park.

Any land you want to go to, you will need approval!

We went through a shitload of hard work to get the SAU NSW SnS off the ground! alot of hard work but we got there in the end!

man your telling me, i've been asking around and no one seems to want to let us...and i'm just worried now if we just rock up anywhere it might cause more trouble than good...

how did SAU get the SnS off the ground?

Who'd they have to talk to to get permission?

Would anyone own any property with easy access to large flat surface they willing to donate for the day? i'm running out of ideas...

I made phone calls, filled in application forms and wrote letters. Eventually about the 6th place I tried said yes. The girl I spoke to at Parra Council was a car nut. You will find a lot of people are prejudiced against us due to the whole hoon obsession people have these days.

I made phone calls, filled in application forms and wrote letters. Eventually about the 6th place I tried said yes. The girl I spoke to at Parra Council was a car nut. You will find a lot of people are prejudiced against us due to the whole hoon obsession people have these days.

ehh i guess you can't blame them, but its like the council's idea years ago to stop making skateparks cause they were 'too dangerous', so the kids just took it to the streets and next thing you know they started making them again cause it keeps em outta trouble...

What were the requirements they wanted SAU to meet?

Any Fees?

How much did sau charge as entry fee?

id say the airport cause the car park is huge and could probably get some good pics, but there would be an entry fee.... price of parking which is pretty over priced. other wise olympic park is pretty decent (i dun know where this P6 is) or wollongong light house, parking isnt huge but there is a fair bit of room down there. Right next to the beach too so pictures would be good.

Once we know where and when ill let the Supra forums know about it and ill ask the local sound shop if they are interested. hit me up with more details and ill start spreading the word

not sure about Olympic Park or Light house to be honest - cops will be all over us. Especially if a bunch of imports driving down to wollongong lol... but ill be in, sounds like it would be a fun day...or night!