SAU Community

Massive Amounts Of Parts

dmonic1

hi guys a mate of mine just put me onto this site and wow!!!!!! it's like ebay but for japan and the best thing is it's interpreted. u have to sign up first to look through the list of stuff for sale but it only takes a few seconds. brake pads, fibre glass panels, lights and whatever. I even found an aftermarket bolt on gtr front end kit. i haven't ever brought anything from here so i dont know how it works but im sure u guys will love to have a look at it. http://www.importmonster.com.au/

i typed in wgc34 and had about 27 pages to look through.

hi guys a mate of mine just put me onto this site and wow!!!!!! it's like ebay but for japan and the best thing is it's interpreted. u have to sign up first to look through the list of stuff for sale but it only takes a few seconds. brake pads, fibre glass panels, lights and whatever. I even found an aftermarket bolt on gtr front end kit. i haven't ever brought anything from here so i dont know how it works but im sure u guys will love to have a look at it. http://www.importmonster.com.au/

i typed in wgc34 and had about 27 pages to look through.

Sounds like a similar service to SlideWize (SAU sponsor)

http://www.slidewizeimports.com/

import monster just has flashier pictures on their website but that seems to be the only major difference.

I'd prefer to go with an sau sponsor but thats just me. :D

a friend of mine owns that site.

He's been importing for quiet a few years, under his other business Rampant Imports.

(and for those playing at home, slidewise used to (not sure if they still do) rent container space off my mate to import their parts! :D )

• 3 weeks later...

Was doing a search on Google and this thread came up, thought I'd fill in some blanks :)

Sounds like a similar service to SlideWize (SAU sponsor)

http://www.slidewizeimports.com/

import monster just has flashier pictures on their website but that seems to be the only major difference.

pixel8r - I can only assume you have not even signed up & checked out our site, otherwise you would see there's quite a bit of difference between our site and the other companies offering Yahoo purchasing services.

www.importmonster.com.au is not just a site advertising that we do Yahoo purchasing. The site is an entire Yahoo interface, acting as the 'middle man' between you and Yahoo. Our site translates into English, converts figures into AUD, allows you to estimate shipping & charges strips away all the non-auction related images, the additional links, the banner ads, etc.

Our site has the ability to search, have your own watch list (that is updated in real time), and you can place bids, on the spot, round the clock. You can even receive email updates the moment you win an auction, or get outbid.

The competition, get you to browse Yahoo yourself, and then send them a link manually telling them what you want. Too bad if it is 1:30am and the auction ends in 5 minutes :blush:

If you used the monster you could place your bid any time you like. :blink:

I'd prefer to go with an sau sponsor but thats just me. :)

Nothing wrong with supporting the people who support you - that is an admirable trait. We have already contacted the SAU hierarchy about advertising on your forums :)

looks very interesting, but how do you calculate the fee's ontop of the item cost? (e.g broker fee's, postage etc)

As ali-turko pointed out, there is an estimator on every auction page. Note that we only make money on our commission, that's it. All freight charges are charged to you at cost. Some companies charge you a commission, then inflate all the shipping costs, and pass on the bank fees (we wear those).

(and for those playing at home, slidewise used to (not sure if they still do) rent container space off my mate to import their parts! ;) )

If the competition uses us to provide their services anyway, we can't be too bad then :yes:

Although what we & others are offering is a 'Yahoo Purchasing Service' - nobody in the world has a site like ours :) A large amount of time and money has been invested into this project, and we're all pretty proud of it. :D There are already thousands of people using the site, we only launched it 6 weeks ago!

If you haven't had a suss, check it out, if I can help anybody out with searching for something just yell out :D

Daniel